Systems Reliability Engineer (Technical Support Engineer)
We ensure the success of our groundbreaking technology through cluster health monitoring, quick response time, and unparalleled customer intimacy. We are world-class engineers from leading virtualization, compute, and networking companies with the ability to handle all problems that come our way. Working closely with Sales and Software Engineers, the support team acts as our customers’ champions.
Nutanix is seeking well-rounded, junior and senior, customer facing Technical Support Engineers. You will support our cloud solution in the field and provide an enriched and successful product experience. You will need to be the champion for Nutanix, by providing an over the top support experience to our customers using our private cloud solution.
- Troubleshooting, debug, and diagnose customer issues encountered.
- Improve serviceability of the product by testing new features and developing tools to scale our field deployment and auto-support infrastructure.
- Provide analysis of our existing customer base to avoid and minimize risks.
- Define and motivate changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from customers and field implementations.
- Work with technology partners (e.g. VMware, Citrix, Microsoft) to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem.
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases.
- Provide support on weekdays and also off hours on an as needed and scheduled rotational basis
- Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to support their business and use of the Nutanix stack.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- The passion and ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo.
- Willingness to work in a fast growing company with huge potential.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant work experience in at least two of the following: Virtualization (preferably VMware ESXi), Networking (preferably layer 2/3), Linux Systems (preferably CLI administration), Storage Analysis
- BS in Engineering or CS (or equivalent technical degree and 2+ years work experience).
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.