Services Sales Manager, Greater China
Nutanix is a cloud computing software company that sells hyper-converged infrastructure appliances and software-defined storage. Founded in 2009, we have been a publicly held company since 2016. Named 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyper-Converged Systems.
Nutanix is the right fit for you if you are passionate about technology, creative, and accomplished in your growing career. We pride ourselves on our encouraging culture where you learn from failures, pick yourself back up and become the best version of yourself. Nutanix offers several opportunities to participate in professional development and learning, fostering an inspiring environment. We believe in not only supporting you, but also your families through fully-paid healthcare plans, equity, and other financial tools and wellness programs.
Role and Responsibilities
The Services Sales Manager will work with a regional Sales team that focuses on solution sales and provides valuable input into potential repeatable offerings. The candidate will possess knowledge of the solution sales process and outcome through the origination and closing of services sales opportunities for use cases including, but not limited to Enterprise Cloud, enterprise applications, datacenter migrations, containers, devops, and operational readiness. The Services sales Manager is expected to bring a strong foundation in enterprise Infrastructure knowledge while working together with Internal Sales, OEM’s, VAR’s, End Customers to effectively design services engagement models that exceed client expectations.
The Services Sales Manager shall:
- Develop and incubate new client relationships and at the same time expand current relationships to rapidly grow the Nutanix client base primarily within Nutanix Enterprise, Enterprise Select, and Global Accounts.
- Manage client expectations and desired outcomes hand in hand with the account team, OEM’s and channel partners
- Work together with clients to identify business outcomes and define service requirements that provide a path to success.
- Discover Customer’s and Partner’s Education needs, pitch Nutanix Education Services and report the delivery of education and certification to HQ.
- In larger pursuits work hand-in-hand with Practice domain architects to construct class- leading, complex global outcomes.
- Work with Inside Advisory to generate proposals and provide advice for solutions to business requirements, technical requirements, and end-state outcomes delivered to clients.
- Lead services opportunity plans and grow the surface area for campaigns aligning with the corporate mission
- This role is responsible for sales across the customer success portfolio which includes consulting, residents, Technical Account Managers (TAM), and Education.
- Provide weekly sales forecasts and regular reporting, quarterback creative ways to provide client value, and stay abreast of status/details for each campaign and opportunity where your role guarantees a successful outcome.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in either service delivery, SI/SP, Enterprise architecture, or services sales roles with preference in OEM and channel relationship management along with account management in enterprise and global accounts)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an OEM or channel partner (VAR) or equivalent in managing these relationships.
- Candidates experienced in selling Professional Services as well as Education services will be preferred.
- Understanding of hyperconvergence products, and their impact on the client’s IT journey
- Experience in cloud automation and hybrid cloud solutions (i.e. AWS extensions, Kubernetes, container technologies, and providing offers as a service (XaaS)).
- Business transformational services for clients struggling moving from legacy technologies to cloud and/or modern application services.
- Public Cloud providers, solutions, and go-to-market strategies.
- Excellent understanding of hybrid cloud modalities, IT go to market challenges, and business drivers that impact client purchasing
- Proven experience in rapidly growing enterprise account portfolio
- Hands-on experience in crafting responses to RFP/RFIs and in leading RFP/proposal presentations
- Natural leadership abilities, ability to thrive in an independent manner combining exceptional interpersonal communication, virtual team building, and presentation skills
- Discuss contractual and commercial constructs of a services engagement, Enterprise Purchase Agreements (EPA), and MSAs/PSAs with a client working with extended account teams in a potentially multi-vendor arrangement
- Quickly respond to tactical requests for services balancing the enterprise needs of the organization, along with an ability to triage small to mid-sized projects with technical proposals
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.