Associate Manager, International Payroll
Nutanix has its international headquarters in the Netherlands where finance tasks and responsibilities for its locations in EMEA and APJ are centralized. The Finance Department covers the areas of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Cash management, Payroll, Reporting and VAT among others.
You will get end-to-end responsibility for the payroll processes for a diverse set of countries In the EMEA & APJ region.
Next to profound accounting skills and high accuracy, you should have excellent interpersonal and prioritization skills. If you have a proactive style that works well with others and a positive, uplifting attitude, you will make a great addition to our team! The position reports to the International Payroll Manager and is in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands.
- Working according to the set monthly payroll calendar, upkeeping with deadlines
- Act as backup to the Payroll Manager in their absence (PTO etc)
- Review work of Payroll specialists across EMEA
- Ensure complete cycle of the payroll process is completed correctly and on time.
- Review payroll output reports to ensure payroll data is processed accurately by our payroll vendors in accordance to local requirements
- Handle payroll funding’s and payments to employees and authorities
- Prepare and/or review payroll journals prepared by local payroll partner and record in the general ledger.
- Ensure that financial close activities such as reconciling payroll accounts, balance sheet reconciliations etc are completed within the deadlines
Other general tasks:
- Close monitoring of payroll mailboxes and ticketing system for employee queries
- Prepare reporting, analyse fluctuations, and provide explanations.
- Liaise with various departments (Finance, HR, Tax, Legal)
- Process optimisation and support with the implementation of new processes
- Staying up to date with laws and regulations and ensuring our payroll processes are compliant.
- Act as contact point for payroll stakeholders and employees for payroll
- Payroll case management (handle complex payroll cases with, for example, secondments, 30% ruling, wage garnishments).
- Support the international accounting team on ad-hoc projects and/or daily tasks.
- Support the wider payroll team with day-to-day activities.
It is excellent if your education reflects accounting (HEAO, SPD Diploma or equivalent), but more importantly, you can demonstrate international payroll experience in a similar role, working with payroll on a global scale (5 + years). You can bring a comprehensive understanding of payroll best practices. Dealing with complex cases are not a challenge for you. You are a self-starter and a standout colleague with strong organizational skills, and you welcome administrative improvements.
You're good with adhering to deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You speak, read, and write English on a high professional level, a second or third languages comes in handy as well. We work here with NetSuite as our Accounting Software, so it would be nice if you have used it before. Advanced skills in working with Excel are a big plus too.
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.