Member of Technical Staff
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
In this role, the developer will be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. Participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives.
Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures with full, webstack development, with a focus on backend databases and APIs. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude required. Reports to a project leader or manager.
- Develop, test, and implement SW APIs (e.g. REST, Odata, SOAP, etc..) across multiple data-sources.
- Design, maintain, and manage databases. Familiarity with ETL processes, triggers, and stored procedures. Databases include, but are not limited to: Postgres, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents.
- Development of technical specifications and plans
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.