Director, Content Marketing
Director, Content Marketing
Nutanix is looking for a dynamic storyteller to lead our content marketing team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing content strategy to support our web and digital marketing efforts. In this role, you will also drive content planning, governance, and delivery across programs to increase brand awareness, drive conversions in our demand generation campaigns, and establish thought leadership.
The right candidate is also an effective people manager who will lead and mentor a talented team. Together, you will develop and merchandise a wide range of assets, ranging from creating compelling experiences on our website, to long- and short-form pieces used in our global marketing campaigns, to video scripts, to corporate and technical blogs, and more. Beyond developing content, the content marketing team will also measure content impact on audience engagement, share of voice, and pipeline.
In this role, you will report to the VP, Corporate Marketing and you will partner with various stakeholders from within Marketing and beyond, including C-level executives, product and solution teams, sales, and PR. You will build a strategy to deliver valuable, engaging, and relevant information to our key audiences.
- Lead development and execution of a holistic content strategy to establish thought leadership and awareness and drive demand; ensure that we are telling the right stories, in the right formats, at the right time, across campaigns and channels.
- Establish goals and clearly defined success metrics to measure the quality of content, audience growth, engagement, and content reach.
- Collaborate with other content developers within the org to grow our paid, earned, shared, and owned content strategy.
- Develop themes and storylines that resonate with our target audiences in collaboration with product marketing and campaigns team; ensure all content is optimized for SEO.
- Lead content marketing across global campaigns, paid media creative, corporate website, content assets, advertising assets, blogs, and more.
- Develop and own the editorial calendar that unites our marketing activities across the marketing org; ensure publication of a steady stream of impactful, high-quality content based on a committed, rolling 12-month editorial calendar.
- Coordinate with digital marketing to test and optimize content assets to maximize performance.
- Take ownership of operations, including budgeting, measurement, and reporting.
- 10+ years of content marketing experience, preferably in B2B technology-based companies.
- Experience working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to build powerful stories in multiple formats (social media, ads, assets, videos, blogs) that connect our industry solutions/products/personas to company values and benefits.
- Keen understanding of interconnectivity of strategy, company storytelling, brand building, and all aspects of communications.
- Proven success mapping content to the buyer’s journey, with the ability to guide content creation from ideation through execution, to support the customer journey process for demand generation and installed based marketing.
- Detailed insight into the marketing funnel and how to build, deliver, and measure content that accelerates top, middle, and bottom of funnel results.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into stories and content that connect with audiences across a wide spectrum.
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage an editorial calendar and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Deep understanding and experience with writing for SEO.
- Demonstrated know-how in using metrics to show marketing and content ROI.
- Experience with leading and managing direct and cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with Marketo automation software, Salesforce/Adobe Analytics, and collaboration management tools (e.g.,, Trello/Monday.com).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, or communications or equivalent related work experience
- A collaborative mindset that can partner with a wide range of teams including senior leadership, demand generation, product marketing, product management, and communications.
- High-energy, a positive attitude, and accountability are critical for success.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.