Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Job Summary – Enterprise Architect
As a Customer Success Enterprise Architect, you will work in the office of the CTO to
- Focus on customer opportunities to expand our platform and products in the top 2% of our customer base.
- Provide broad Enterprise Architecture expertise to help customers understand how multiple Nutanix products can be integrated to create desired outcomes with the goal of accelerating adoption and expansion in high growth accounts.
- Work closely with Engineering & Product Management to represent the voice of our customers and curate requirements spanning large customers to find common themes and ensure that these are well understood by engineering and executed upon holistically.
- Develop repeatable best practices and design guides based on common customer experiences. Share these through best practice documents. whitepapers blogs, architectural documents, tweets, etc.
- Secure speaking engagements as an expert at industry trade conferences.
- Evangelize Nutanix’s vision for Enterprise Cloud and software defined datacenter
- Align customer use cases to our products and services, especially within your areas of subject matter expertise.
- Work with Nutanix customers to understand business goals and translate them into cloud automation and orchestration solutions.
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM, Hyper-V) and software-defined datacenter architectures.
- Extensive experience with building and running large scale, distributed, highly-available, fault-tolerant, multi-tier applications running on both Windows and Linux.
- Broad general knowledge with all of the following technology architectures and subject matter expertise in at least one:
- Experience developing and managing Private, Public, and Hybrid Multi-cloud computing environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, VMWare, etc)
- Big Data (Hadoop, Elasticsearch/Kafka, Splunk, etc)
- Database technologies (SQL, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, etc)
- IT Operations at Scale with clear strategies to help customers operate and lifecycle manage large scale environments with thousands of nodes / tens of thousands of workloads.
- Networking skills including complex routing and switching solutions (Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Aruba, Brocade), Next Generation Firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco, etc.) and Load Balancers (F5, Netscalers, NGINX, etc.), Cloud networking (AWS, GCP, or Azure), and Software Defined Networking (VMWare NSX, Cisco ACI).
- End-User Computing / Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Automation, Orchestration technologies (vRA/vRO, Azure Stack, OpenStack, Cloud Stack, Microsoft Systems Center Orchestrator, Terraforms, etc)
- DevOps tools like GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory, Zephyr, etc. and ability to promote a DevOps culture.
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and SALT Stack.
- Microservices using container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Mesosphere.
- Ability to whiteboard solutions interactively with customers and develop robust architectural documentation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to engage and win confidence of C-Level executives.
- Ability to execute on broad strategic vision and when needed dive deep into detail to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Self-motivated and can work without a lot of structure to develop meaningful strategies and drive execution to achieve established goals.
- Approximately 30% of travel, both domestic and international
- At least one Expert-level industry certification (e.g. VCDX, CCIE, JNCIE, NPX, etc.)
- A Bachelors/Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.