Front End Engineer (multi-cloud PaaS) (f/m/d)
Our team is a startup within Nutanix and is tasked to build Kubernetes based multi-cloud PaaS - platform as a service. Our high-level goal is to create an ubiquitous platform that allows customers to deploy their Containerized Applications at the Edge and Private or Public data centers on bare metal or virtualized servers. This is also an opportunity to work in a team of diverse skills. You will get a chance to apply and broaden your expertise in distributed systems infrastructure, (Docker) Container technologies, machine learning, security, cloud services and serverless architectures.
- Build GUI for Cloud based (SaaS) control plane of a Kubernetes based Multi-cloud Platform
- Work closely with the UX, Visual Designers and API, backend engineers to build a highly engaging UI that predicts and exceeds user expectations.
- Work with Backend Engineering teams to design and optimize various APIs used by UI.
- Work closely with the product management team to understand user needs.
- Participating in process definition and technology selection to ensure appropriate testing of UIs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with web frameworks/libraries such as Angular, React, Vue, or Backbone
- Solid understanding of REST API
- Comfortable styling with CSS, Less or Sass
- Experience developing Responsive Web UI for multiple browsers
- Great problem solving skills
- Attention to details
- Good grasp of software architecture and design
- Be a Team player, Communicate and collaborate well in a team environment
- Familiarity with TypeScript is a plus
- Full stack development is a plus
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.