Employee Relations Manager
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The People (Employee) Relations Manager will have a fantastic opportunity to make an immediate, positive impact in support of the employee-employer relationships globally, while working with leadership and business partners in the development, assessment, evaluation, and implementation of policy, procedure, tools, programs and compliance measures. In this role, you will help foster optimal results and high engagement, crafting a holistic end to end HR experience. You will bring with you a wealth of knowledge regarding the fundamentals of internal investigations and will work with the global HR and legal team to ensure timely and appropriate resolution of HR matters. Reporting to the Director of People Relations, this position is located in Durham, NC.
- Collaborate with internal partners, including HR, Legal and leadership teams.
- Systematically evaluate People Relations’ processes and programs; optimize design changes and improvements to better meet evolving needs.
- Identify potential risk factors associated with People Relations’ issues and recommend a remediation path to address.
- Handle, mediate, and/or investigate employee matters and complaints. Utilize existing investigation process to formulate a plan, document findings and make recommendations for a path forward. Alert HR and Business leaders of relevant trend data and collaborate with constituents to develop action plans that anticipate opportunities.
- Research, develop, revise, author and interpret policy; deliver information to leadership and employees to ensure that policies are effectively administered and carried out.
- Facilitate compliance training sessions for management and leadership that advance leadership practices, principles, and objectives.
- Lead employee meetings, handle conflict negotiation/resolution and provide recommendations to the appropriate leaders for disposition.
- Handle complex special assignments as needed.
- Identify/incorporate standard methodologies and lessons learned from higher education and corporate, and internal departments into program action plans.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods associated with the full range of HR functions with an emphasis on People Relations and compliant employment standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of the Federal and State laws, principles and practices of HR functions, specifically related to People Relations and other administrative operations i.e. Title VII, Title IX, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, OSHA, HIPAA, ADEA etc., as well as relevant local and state laws)
- Expertise in developing, planning, evaluating and implementing People Relations’ programs and matters.
- Excellent facilitation skills required in order to engage an audience of any level to effectively transfer the learning.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to organize and analyze data, as well as to prepare comprehensive analytical reports using quantitative and qualitative data as needed for senior leaders.
- Passion for consensus building, considering partner needs and wants, responding with thoughtful results.
- Ability to plan and adjust work priorities to meet challenging priorities within available resources.
- Responsible for authoring, maintaining & creatively interpreting all related policies/procedures in compliance with all applicable current Federal & State laws.
- Assists HRBPs in advising as a confer or directive in appropriate resolution of matters.
- Mastery in conflict resolution and negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to influence actions and outcomes
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in global, high-tech, high-growth organizations, at least 5 years of progressive HR management level experience with maturing start up to public company
- Masters or equivalent/relevant experience preferred
- Progressive experience demonstrating the following competencies: Approachability, Composure, Entrepreneurial spirit, Innovation, Curiosity, Customer focus, Learning on the fly, Organizational agility, and Dealing with ambiguity/paradox
- Measured success working in a fast-paced, high profile environment
- Ability to show initiative by taking on complex, enterprise-wide issues while balancing shifting priorities
- Excellent project management skills with a demonstrable ability to design and implement creative HR solutions to drive business results
- High “Bias for Action” and ability to find humor in challenging situations and can handle multiple changing priorities effectively while balancing dynamic personalities
- Experience implementing structure & process from Pre-IPO to public company
- Able to travel up to 10% to other offices within and outside the U.S.
- PHR or SPHR preferred, but not required
- Experience with Workday HRIS tool preferred, but not required
- Ability to regularly operate a computer and use relevant applications
- Ability to timely respond to frequent requests for support in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to focus and concentrate for extended periods
- Ability to collect, interpret, review, analyze and synthesize written and verbal information frequently and for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, to others, multiple times during the day
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.