MTS - Software Engineer (CDP)
The Role: MTS – Software Engineer
- Design and develop reliable, efficient, high-performance data-path software for large scale enterprise and hybrid cloud.
- Participate in architecting, designing and developing software for the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS.
- The candidate needs to apply his/her extensive knowledge of C/C++, Java, Python programming languages on Linux operating system.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems algorithms, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- The candidate needs to apply File system, operating systems, embedded systems, distributed systems, and Cloud Technologies knowledge in fulfilling this duty.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed storage systems.
- Familiarity with OS internals, distributed data management, design/implementation tradeoff in building clustered, high performance, fault tolerant distributed system software is required to perform this duty.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
- Given that the product supports multiple virtualization technologies including VMware, Hyper-V, Xen and KVM, a knowledge of these technologies is useful in delivering high quality products.
- A strong passion to support customers through their requirements and pain points is required to perform this duty.
- Love for writing clean, modular code in a fast paced development environment.
- Programming languages such as C++, C, Python, Java, Golang;
- Experience in working on UNIX/Linux or Windows;
- Deep understanding of file-systems, operating-systems, distributed-systems, embedded-systems, database back-ends and Cloud technologies;
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, or Zookeeper;
- Knowledge of OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software;
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, Xen and KVM ; and
- Ability to write highly optimized code for performance and scalability.
- Ability to debug complex distributed systems problems.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of industry experience.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.