The Cloud Economist is responsible for working with Nutanix Reps, SE’s, Manager’s, MD’s and Partners to provide customers with financial/business justification for implementation of Nutanix Enterprise Cloud. By taking customers through the business value process Cloud Economist helps them realize the game-changing ability of Nutanix to transform their experience of managing IT and the impact on their business. IDC’s Client Experience Survey shows that IT executives rank the Business Value Assessment higher than the Technical Assessment and Vendor Relationship when making IT decisions.
In the discussion with customers about their projects the Cloud Economist takes them through the details and negotiates the volume and pricing, provides acquisition options such as software and subscription licenses, new products, clusters on public cloud. CE helps customers realise their aim to optimise their license costs by leveraging discounts and pricing options exclusive to Enterprise Purchase Agreements. Responsible for supporting customers in their decision for the most beneficial financing option. He/she uses the programs of our financial services partners to help Sales teams closing the deal as forecasted and to potentially increase the deal size.
- Working with Nutanix sales teams and management together with Legal/Finance/Ops/Renewal to identify customers for large strategic pursuits and EPA/ELA and customize the right contract term and volume which both customers and Nutanix benefit from.
- Helping customers with the most beneficial financial solution to accelerate the procurement process and to overcome budget constraints.
- Helping customers understand the economics of Nutanix Web-scale and assist in clarifying the type of modelling engagement (for eg TCO) that will be most beneficial for them.
- Helping customers understand the benefit of taking a big-picture approach to the financial modelling exercise.
- Working with customers on an iterative basis to arrive at financial results that are acceptable and compelling to the decision-makers.
- Follow up the financial modelling engagements to help ensure the initiatives are successfully closed. Working closely with other functions such as renewals, customer success, services, GSI, SP, and other global teams to arrive at specific objectives assigned from time to time.
- An ability to produce and present Nutanix’s value proposition for the client through quantitative financial analysis.
- An ability to incorporate financial selling, strategic selling, solution selling and business value selling into the financial modelling process.
- An ability to grasp the technical requirements for both Nutanix and competing solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills including to C-level personnel and other executives.
- High level of specialized subscription sales and product solution knowledge.
- Independent and self-motivated individual, self-starterOpen to learning and adapting in a fast paced evolving technology landscapeAbility to grasp big picture and able to zoom in to details when required
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years prior Financial Engineering/Business Value Consultant experience in a high tech sales environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving client adoption of technology.
- Ability to handle urgent and important tasks simultaneously.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.