Senior Backend Engineer (Cloud Infrastructure)
Frame, now part of Nutanix, is the future of enterprise software distribution. It allows users to be productive from anywhere, by letting them run enterprise desktop apps on any device. We are working closely with the Adobe, Autodesk, Solidworks and Siemens. For our clients we support mission critical applications at a very large scale and the performance and security are of utmost importance. To do this we are looking for a great Senior Backend Engineer to join our team and help deliver this.
- Design, develop, refactor, optimize and improve key backend components of our platform.
- Write performant and maintainable code covered by automated unit and functional tests.
- Carry out and being on the receiving end of detailed code review sessions from your peers who hold your (and their) work to the highest of standards.
- Work on some of the most interesting challenges in cloud computing
- To care for the experience our end users will have while building our platform, as we are all here because they enjoy using Frame.
- Common sense: We like people who can handle an arbitrary coding problem, not just a specific technology.
- Ownership mentality: you take pride in what you deliver, you will be responsible for a project/task from its start to the final delivery.
- Teamwork: We work as a team. You are excited to share your ideas and problems and quickly process feedback.
- Curiosity: Aim to learn and apply the latest technologies (Elixir, GraphQL...).
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of computer science fundamentals and the system design.
- Pragmatic decision maker and strong ability to prioritize.
Due to time zone difference, some availability after business hours expected. The position assumes trips to the San Francisco Bay Area, California a few times a year.
- Elixir or Python
- Linux OS or Windows OS Fundamentals
- Designing of GraphQL or REST APIs
- AWS and Azure stack
Solving hard problems requires highly talented people and we compensate appropriately.
We value growth mindset in people and we support them in their personal development/education efforts, one of the ways we are doing this is through personal education allowance.
In addition to this, we offer private health insurance, fit pass card, parking, flexible working hours, lunch and snacks…
We have openings for this position in either our Belgrade office (Belgrade Office Park), or our Nis office (downtown Nis).
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.