Member of Technical Staff - ML/AI (Security)
Nutanix Unified Storage group is building a Data Security and Analytics solution. It includes User Behavior Analytics, Anomaly detection, Ransomware/Malware protection, Data classification, Sensitive data protection, and textual data anonymization using ML/AI. We are looking for a Mid to Senior level Data Security Engineer with ML/AI expertise to help design a security platform and deploy the right ML/AI model to achieve the above business functionalities. You will join an impactful, fast-moving data security team.
- Design and develop ML/AI-based solutions for user behavior analysis, Anomaly detection, ransomware/malware protection, data classification, Identifying sensitive information, and data anonymization.
- Understand the analytic product's core security requirements and work with the architecture team of Unified storage (file systems, object store, and Volumes) and other engineering groups to align with the product design
- Identify security gaps in Nutanix Data management offerings (Storage services/Databases/cloud microservices/APIs)
- Provide design mentorship and review the work of other specialists/Junior engineers
- Should be able to work with the Nutanix Global (mainly India and USA) engineering and multi-functional teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience building data security products
- 3+ years of experience building deep learning models for data security or other relevant domains
- Hands-on development in at least one of the programming languages: Python, Golang, or C++
- Strong development experience in Linux/Unix OS platform
- Hands-on experience working with version control / DevOps tools – Git, Gerrit, or Jenkins
- Working knowledge of building microservices based applications in AWS/ Azure/GCP
- Good understanding of File systems, Object Storage, and/or Databases
- Hands-on experience with Kafka, Elasticsearch, Snowflake, and Flask
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.