Summer 2022 Sales Development Representative (SDR) Internship - Durham, NC
About Our Early Career Talent Program
At Nutanix we believe that students and new graduates offer an innovative view to our technology and team. Fresh minds and those who are willing to push the envelope are going to launch our company further than the rest. We are committed to finding and hiring the best out there and it starts with you!
Looking to fast track your career in Sales with an incredible Sales Internship Program?
This role serves as a launching point into Sales at Nutanix. After successfully completing 12 weeks in this training role, you may be eligible to return upon graduation into the Sales Development Representative (SDR) role. During your training as a SDR intern, you will become an integral part of the Sales Team working with Fortune 500 enterprise companies around the world creating an impact by simplifying their IT infrastructure.
This role will be responsible for calling into both existing and new customers, working with marketing to develop strategy and with inside sales to build brand. In addition, the SDR Intern will also work cooperatively with internal and external partners to improve the velocity of business and to create solutions that serve the best interests of our customers and Nutanix.
- Generate leads through high activity levels- 50-80 phone calls and/or emails per day
- Researching prospective clients, adding valuable data to new and existing accounts as well as acquiring high-level contacts by leveraging third-party databases and social networking sites to assist the Sales Development Team
- Assist the current Sales teams by strategically developing and identifying accounts that have the potential for revenue opportunities
- Use advanced prospecting tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator/Outreach to uncover new opportunities and build trust with prospects
- Keep up to date with the technology industry and competitive landscape
- Comprehensive sales enablement training & development programs including certifications, mentorships and individual development plans
- Opportunity to learn from an elite global Sales team
- Chance to make an impact on your customers’ business by providing best in class solution around the world
- Work in a dynamic, fun and challenging sales environment
- Exciting opportunity to build a network within top talent in the IT industry
- Professional development series, networking opportunities, meet our CEO, and other engaging summer events where you will work with and meet other interns
- Must be pursuing a Bachelors degree and be a current Junior/Rising Senior with a graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- Tenacious and ambitious with a strong work ethic and interest in selling
- Hunter and willing to be tenacious and creative when prospecting
- Excellent written, verbal, and phone skills
- Fascinated by technology and passionate about selling groundbreaking ideas and products in a fast-paced startup environment
- Willingness to learn, be coached, and implement new sales techniques
- Previous internship experience in sales, consulting or a related field, or at a technology company would be an added advantage
- Pursuing a certificate in sales, taking a sales course, or majoring / minoring in sales
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk!
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.