Senior Revenue Accountant
Nutanix is looking for a high performing Senior Revenue Accountant to help develop and grow the company’s revenue accounting operations - with a particular emphasis on the timely performance of month end close responsibilities at a very high level of precision and accuracy.
· Monitor Netsuite Advance Revenue Module (ARM) weekly and validate data on Sales Orders, Invoices, and Revenue Arrangements
· Perform and maintain SSP analyses spreadsheet: review transactions for multiple element arrangement linkage, selling trends, segments, compliance, etc.
· Perform OEM partner royalty reconciliation on a monthly/quarterly basis. Establish relationship with both internal/external business partners to identify issues and suggest process improvement. Strive to be the owner of OEM partnership as a finance representative.
· Monitor and maintain system configurations including SKUs and fair value price list
· Engage on special projects, including system implementation and updates, user acceptance testing (UAT), and process documentation
· Perform monthly/quarterly close tasks including revenue review, journal entries and accruals, account reconciliations and analysis
· Identify and troubleshoot Production issues and partner with Business Systems to implement solutions
· Prepare and analyze monthly/quarterly financial reports and disclosures including Deferred Revenue and Backlog
· Assist with SOX compliance and external audits
· Identify opportunities to improve existing processes and automating manual tasks
· Collaborate and partner with cross functional teams to influence best practices
· Be flexible to take on new ad hoc projects and be able to adapt to fast paced environment.
· Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
· CPA and Big 4 highly preferred
· Minimum five years relevant experience required. Two years public accounting experience strongly desired
· Experience working in publicly-traded, high-tech, high-growth company preferred
· Experienced in ASC 606, ASC 985-605, ASC 605-25, ASU 2009-13 and ASU 2009-14 highly preferred
· NetSuite and Zuora experience a plus
· ERP implementation experience a plus
· High Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel and Word)
· Strong interpersonal skills; team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills)
· Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines, and possess a willingness to take on new challenges.
· Strategic thinker with an attention to detail.
· Ability to take complete ownership of projects and drive them through completion to grow with the Company.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.