Core Performance Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
This role combines systems architecture and troubleshooting skills, performance testing and analysis, experimental methods, tool development and the opportunity to explore emerging changes in hardware and software of Nutanix Storage Product Portfolio. An ideal candidate would have experience in Performance Analysis of High-Performance Data Systems and Software, Automation or tools development in any language (preferably python). Knowledge of data visualization techniques would be an added advantage
- Gather requirements, understand use cases, design performance plan, and debug/analyze performance of upcoming products, features etc. with a goal of driving performance and architectural improvements to the core data path.
- Design and implement the next-generation performance analysis and automation tools
- Execute and optimize complex benchmarks, real workloads and load tests
- Support capabilities by generating tools to collect and distill performance information into suggested actions
- Hands on experience in resolving systemic performance issues
- Technology knowledge in operating systems, virtualization, networking, storage and hardware
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good automation and tool development skills in any one language (preferably python)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a fast growing and sometimes chaotic environment
- The passion & ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo.
- 4+ years of experience in performance engineering profiles.
- BE or MS in Computer Science or related stream.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with product engineering.
- Experience with enterprise/cloud benchmarks.
- Experience with VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, or Xen hypervisors.
- Experience with enterprise and/or cloud storage.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Familiarity with using Linux/Windows performance troubleshooting tools.
- Understanding of software, storage, and files-system performance characteristics.
- Experience with tool or UI design.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.