National Channel Sales Manager - Sirius (West)
About the role
As the National Channel Sales Manager, you are responsible for building the relationship between Nutanix and one of our top National Partners, Sirius. Your ability to penetrate new territories and align efforts from departments across both organizations is essential to your being successful in this role. Cross-functional teams from Nutanix’s Territory Sales, Systems Engineering, Channel Marketing, Field Marketing, Alliances, and Sales Operations functions to provide support, tools, and resources for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals.
About the team
The Nutanix channel organization is a critical component for the success of Nutanix and our customers. Nutanix is a world leader in the technology space, and we rely on our partners to combine what they do best with our technology and turn these into a solution that solves business problems. The Channel team’s primary objectives are to ensure that we have a partner ecosystem that is ready, willing, and able to represent Nutanix in the market as we aim to exponentially grow our business together.
The essential responsibilities of the National Channel Sales Manager are to work directly with partners to develop sales opportunities and to work effectively across functions with other Nutanix employees to build unity with Nutanix channel partners.
You will demonstrate leadership and initiative, provide mentorship and management oversight to the Nutanix and partner sales teams to help them drive their sales strategy and goal attainment.
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities with partners.
- Work closely with sales management on the development and execution of a sales strategy; stick to available resources and district sales objectives.
- Participate in strategy building sessions with channel partners and Nutanix sales management team on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Plan and direct channel activities including implementing forecasts, marketing program development, relationship development, customer happiness and collateral material development and distribution.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with a prospect in a partner organization.
- Craft sales team alignment between partners and Nutanix account teams within the territory.
- Establish short-term and long-term goals and quotas in line with corporate objectives.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
- Identify needed resources for supporting sales strategy and develop a proposed budget for management review.
- Be seen and treated by Nutanix channel partners as a trusted and valued resource.
- Collaborate with the field marketing organization to plan, deliver and lead an effective communication and demand generation campaign for each focus partner.
- Identify Nutanix customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Develop an account management plan to sell to customers based on their business needs.
- Develop a ‘go-to’ partner roster for each Nutanix sales team in your territory
- Develop quarterly MDF/Funding spend budgets based on partner revenue targets
- Interface directly with Field Marketing teams to develop territory-specific plans for all geographies.
- Use Social media to bi-directionally promote and drive Nutanix and channel partnerships, goals, and objectives.
- You have strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- You have the ability to work collectively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- You possess a strong understanding of the sales process and Channel Sales.
- You're experienced with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- You come with an aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions tackle business problems.
- You feel comfortable communicating with senior managers about their business challenges and Nutanix Webscale architecture.
- As a top-tier, experienced professional, with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures, you will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving a wide range of issues in visionary and practical ways.
- You can own account responsibility or work on a team.
- You will contribute dedicatedly to the sales team's efforts and positively influences decisions. May also act as a team leader and main decision market for team
- You can develop a budget to support the enablement, marketing, and promotion of the partner business plans
- 5 to 12 years of experience preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree; or related field is preferred.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.