Nutanix is the global leader for Hyper-Converged Infrastructure solutions and we are seeking to expand our team. Nutanix Customer Success provides trusted resources who possess a wide range of industry experience to customers around the world. Nutanix Resident Consultants have a main focus on customer specified outcomes, provide technical leadership, advice around standard methodologies, and provide an expert viewpoint on the customer's needs.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Nutanix Customer Success is looking for a Customer focused, ambitious, and driven virtualization consultant to serve as a Resident Consultant for a major player in the retail space. This is an remote or onsite position located in Tokyo, Japan.
Your Responsibilities will include
- Administration and support of your customer's existing Nutanix / Hyper-V environment, Investigate and solution issues in the environment, create growth plans and generate reports based on your customer's current trends.
- You will work in concert with the architecture and engineering teams in leading and driving architectural strategy for the customers adoption and expansion of their Nutanix environment.
- Act as trusted advisor to teams while providing guidance for Nutanix and Hyper-V standard methodologies. You will also work closely with your team to Identify and suggest architectural and engineering changes that would benefit the customer in their environment.
- You will join efforts with the Nutanix Sales Team in identifying and communicating new opportunities as well as ongoing customer status and reporting. You'll also keep the customer well-informed by providing status reporting on projects, updates to software and any ancillary documentation.
- We are seeking an individual who is patient and professional. You should be able to remain calm when under pressure and be someone who thrives in an environment where there is an opportunity to educate others.
- An impassioned desire to learn new technologies and grow your skill set.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with virtualization and Linux environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills used as part of a commitment to help others succeed.
- A keen knowledge of data center virtualization.
- Strong experience working with VMware ESXi/V-Sphere or KVM/AHV
- An ability to independently analyze and diagnose highly complex networking problems across different platforms.
- The ability to be hands-on in servicing the requirements of a client.
- A focus on delighting the customer and building relationships.
- High level of comfort performing white boarding sessions, group presentations, and crafting documents such as white papers, processes, and other customer centric documentation.
- Migration of workload, both P2V and V2V.
- Experience with 5+ clusters, 10+ nodes in virtualization environment
- Reading and Writing level English skills
- Experience with Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform.
- Nutanix NCP 5.15 or 5.10 certification or VMware certification VCP 6.5 or later version.
- Advanced Microsoft Hyper-V certifications
- Understanding of software-defined storage with a focus on distributed storage.
- Experience with Virtual networking.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or MIS.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.