Sr Product Manager/ Principal Product Manager - Pricing Strategy
Senior Product Manager /Principal Product Manager for Pricing Strategy
As a Senior/Principal Product Manager for Pricing Strategy, you will build recommendations on pricing and monetization strategy. You will drive executive buy-in and guide operations for implementation. You will solve problems which have a direct and high impact on the company topline. Besides superior leadership, analytical, strategic, and mentorship skills, you have displayed superior business judgement.
Nutanix has recently completed a transition from appliance centric to a SW centric company. We are in midst of multiple transitions: from selling term licenses to selling subscriptions, from a single product company to multi-product portfolio, from on-prem SW to a true hybrid cloud provider. You will be part of a newly formed pricing and packaging group and you will be playing a key role in these transitions.
- Define pricing and monetization strategy for new products and optimize for existing products. Build new business models for new offerings. Build models to cross-sell and upsell within products and across the portfolio. Increase adoption of new products. Maximize revenue across products with effective use of pricing and packaging. Identify and drive improvements in volume and ASP. Use competitive insights to make informed changes to pricing strategy.
- Guide business decisions based on evidence and analysis. Influence the executive management team and get agreement on key decisions. Take the decisions thru a governance process. Influence the broader cross functional team on why, what, when, how of various initiatives.
- Lead implementation by providing guidance to the team developing various internal systems, deals desk, finance, and accounting.
- Communicate with the broader organizations including sales, marketing, channel, quote support, enablement, and others to solicit input and to share updates on various initiatives. Influence every step in the workflow that may impact the desired end goal of the initiative.
- Define, measure, and monitor key performance indicators and success metrics. Track trends and impact of our actions and changes in the market conditions. Identify and recommend any updates required.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, Finance, Marketing, Business or an equivalent; MBA preferred. Experience in strategy consulting, product management, corporate strategy or pricing strategy will be useful to succeed in this role. Experience with enterprise software subscription business is highly desired. Experience with enterprise storage, server, or networking appliances, datacenter infrastructure product/solution offerings will also be useful.
- Exceptional attention to detail and critical thinking. Analyze complex situations that include human and organizational behavior. Separate symptoms from the cause of the problem, build effective solutions efficiently. Ability to zoom in and out between details and the big picture continuously.
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to build business cases, communicate effectively with professionally done presentations and write-ups, influence others, and measure success.
- Self-motivated towards the achievement and measurement of established goals. Takes ownership towards delivery of results. Drive deep engagement with cross-functional teams on complex initiatives. Build trusting relationships across teams and with executive team, peers, and business partners. Ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels of the organization including the C-suite.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.