Deliver solution architecture for enterprise level customers based on Openstack / Cloudstack Clouds.
Drive solution architecture based on recommended practices
Design and implement end to end cloud solutions in-line with company’s Business objectives.
Actively participate in Cloud architecture and security governance and help drive process improvements.
Create content for design and technical reference.
Run highly complex enterprise-wide projects requiring in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architectural domains.
Understand cloud technology trends, how they impact future solutions, and provide strategic direction to the broader technology community.
Train, develop, and manage a team.
- Education: Any Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ years of experience on Linux & Virtualization technologies.
- 7+ years of design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications ( preferably NFV )
- 5+ years of software development tools and methodologies
- 4+ years of experience of presenting to executives, IT Management, or developers
- Technology and Software:
- Linux Operating Systems (CentOS/RedHat or similar)
- Understanding of virtualization technologies: KVM, Citrix XenServer, VMware ESXi
- Security: Linux hardening , iptables , security patching
- Cloud Infrastructure Mgmt: Cloudstack, Openstack
- Software defined storage: Design and Implement software-defined storage systems, such as CEPH
- Cloud Migrations : Plan and implement migrations to Openstack Platform
- Scripting language: Bash, Python
- Monitoring: Nagios, Zenoss, Zabbix or similar
- Configuration Management Systems: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt or similar
- Database: MySQL or similar
- Networks: Thorough understanding of Networking Fundamentals – CCNA Level. Preferably CCNP Level.
- Software Defined Networking ( SDN ) : Openvswitch , Open Contrail
- Documentation: Ability to document standard technical procedures, production designs , technical solutions & test cases
- Hardware: Understanding of Hardware procurement and deployment.
- Troubleshooting: L3/L4 level troubleshooting & RCA for complex & priority issues.
- ITIL: Knowledge of standard operational processes like change management, incident management & problem management.
- Applications: Network Function Virtualization ( NFV ) applications like Palo Alto, Silver Peak WAN Optimizers , Silver Peak SDWAN etc
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design solutions and execute on approved plans for a secure, highly available, and efficient cloud environment.
- Develop cloud solutions, design specifications, policies, procedures and organizational cloud deployment and support standards.
- Plan and conduct technical tasks associated with the support, implementation and maintenance of cloud application infrastructure.
- Participate with engineering teams to perform PoCs and test new products and services.
- Identify ways in which new services and modifications or enhancements to current product catalogue can be successfully implemented.
- Deploy and manage internal as well as customer-based virtual machines via a Cloud-based portal.
- Co-ordinate with internal teams and handle escalations to ensure issues are resolved quickly with least customer downtime.
- Optimize the environment to maximize auto‐recovery and geographically distributed redundancy.
- Improve system monitoring and alerting to improve incident time to resolution while decreasing false positives.
- Improve system logging and benchmarking in order to fine tune application infrastructure and gain better insight into system issues and performance.
- Work with application development teams to improve system performance through environment upgrades and improvements.
- Update systems to support new development and technology initiatives.
- Advanced Technical Knowledge: This is a senior technical position that requires extensive experience with enterprise architecture, design and implementations
- Communication: Ability to communicate technical ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders is critical. Ability to negotiate and solve conflict. Additionally, the ability to document support procedures to ensure that deployed systems are properly maintained and supported.
- Leadership: Collaborative leadership is important to gather technical and business requirements and build plans that incorporate feedback. Strong organization, project planning and time management skills.
- Analytical: You will be required to project the impact of design decisions and weigh compromises in operational criteria to meet business objectives.
- Training/Certifications :
- Vendor certifications: RedHat Linux, KVM, Citrix, VMware, ITILv2/3 a plus.
- Experience in multiple private cloud implementations on CloudStack, Openstack, a plus
- Experience in designing and implementing NFV Clouds a plus.