Associate Network Engineer
This person will be part of a team of experts who are responsible for handling network support, problem management, managing network performance and proactively identifying issues before they become customer affecting.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following; however other duties may be assigned as needed for the smooth and continued operations of the company.
- Drive the innovation and evolution of NTT Global Networks systems and tools.
- Design and deliver advanced Network Services.
- Come up with latest and greatest technology ideas and establish proof of concept for the new technologies.
- Drive aggressive implementation of Network requirements for functionality and quality.
- Drive infrastructure standards and guidelines, Performance analysis, benchmarking and detailed design of the system.
- Directly interact with members of the GOC Operations to develop a broad understanding of Network Best Practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 0-5 years Network experience
- Knowledge of TDM, Optical, and Ethernet circuits
- Understanding of DNS, NAT, DHCP, VLANs, MAC address table, and spanning tree
- Understanding of Routing Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF), Route Selection, and Administrative Distance
- Possess a professional attitude and work ethic
- Ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of people such as peers, managers, customers, and vendors via phone or email.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for networking, IT or computer science, knowledge of technologies
- Own and manage customer issues and see problems through to resolution.
- Investigate and complete Reason For Outage (RFO) reports on all network outages
- Experience with maintenance activities
- Working knowledge of Internet, MPLS, IPSEC, and VPN
- An interest to learn SDN, NFV, SD-WAN, cloud infrastructure technologies, virtualization, virtual switches, virtual routers technologies
- Interested in Manila-based career opportunities working on network, security, telephony, and/ or devops technologies
- Strong time management and complex task organization skills
- Bachelors Degree, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security or related field required or equivalent experience.
- One or more network-related certifications; Cisco - CCNA, Juniper - JNCIA, Fortinet – NSE 4 – 7; Silverpeak – SPSP
Why Join NTT Global Networks
- We are a clear industry leader --- #1 network provider for Global, intra-Europe, and intra-Asia Network capabilities based on Gartner’s ‘Magic Quadrant for Network Services Global’
- You will have unlimited access to skill development opportunities, career mentorship and upward mobility in a Fortune 100 company
- You will have a competitive compensation & benefits package and realized job security in a performance-based environment
- You will be joining a team that fosters employee empowerment and work-life balance