Director - Global Operations (Night shift)
The candidate must be available for Night Shift (10pm – 7am PHT) and weekends. The role is a very hands-on, requiring technical skills and continuous self-improvement. The right person will have strong Incident Management competency and communication skills as they will taking be taking escalations from customers around the Globe and resolving those issues working through a globally diverse team (including Vendors and our Global Operations Teams). This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits.
This person will be part of a team of experts who are responsible for handling network/security support, incident management, problem management, managing network performance, and proactively identifying issues before they become customer affecting.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following; however other duties may be assigned as needed for the smooth and continued operations of the company.
- Drive the innovation and evolution of NTT Global Networks systems and tools.
- Lead a team of network engineers that work on shifts supporting the company’s internal network infrastructure environment on a 24/7 basis
- Talent Leadership: Influence highly experienced technologists, creating successful plans to deliver solutions to the business. Must have strong people management experience and the ability to collaborate across different teams across the globe for an industry leader.
- Join all critical bridges when they occur and drive expedited resolution to issues that impact the business, using logical troubleshooting to identify and rectify issues
- Collaborate with peer business managers and the technology hierarchy to develop a high-performance team culture and capabilities by managing talent closely
- Technology Delivery Accountability: Participate with other technology and business leaders to translate strategic plans and goals into tactical plans and objectives. Ensure objectives are effectively achieved.
- Ensure schedule commitments are met. Lead continuous improvement efforts to improve process and other efficiencies.
- Collaborate with Technology Leads, System Architects, and business teams to guide and influence the development of technology solutions that meet business needs.
- Explore and adopt emerging technologies and new ways of working where outdated or inefficient processes or tools exist.
Required Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have 15+ years of experience with providing enterprise customer managed network and security services (managed IP, router, firewall, etc.).
- Extensive technical skills in the Internet industry and in customer service, implementations, NOC, IP Operations, IP Engineering, and/or IP Architecture fields.
- 6-10 years of management experience with 10+ direct reports including writing annual evaluations.
- Proven technical ability in configuring, installing and troubleshooting of SDWAN, routers, switches, dial-up modems, and wireless devices
- Technical expertise with SDWAN (overlay, underlay, traffic classification), routing (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), and switching (VLAN, Trunking, Dot1x, STP)
- Hands-on experience with MPLS (L3 and L2 VPNs), IPSec and SSL VPNs, QoS Wireless communication, load balancing/sharing techniques and WAN Optimization
- Proven ability to work effectively with various internal groups, vendors, and clients in supporting complex infrastructure and high-pressure environments
- Willing to work across time zones and diverse cultures
- Demonstrated skills in communication (oral, written, presentation), analysis, and problem solving.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Passion for networking, IT or computer science, knowledge of technologies
- Own and manage customer issues and see problems through to resolution.
- Investigate and complete Reason For Outage (RFO) reports on all network outages
- Experience with maintenance activities, following Scripts or MOPs accurately
- Working knowledge of Internet, MPLS, IPSEC, VPN, and Cloud architecture
- Working knowledge of Routing Protocols - BGP, EIGRP, OSPF
- Functional understanding of DNS, DHCP, VLANs, and spanning tree
- Experience with Linux and knowledge of core network services (DNS, NTP, syslog)
- Strong time management and complex task organization skills
- Bachelors Degree, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security or related field required or equivalent experience.
- One or more network-related certifications: Cisco - CCNA, CCNP; Juniper - JNCIA, JNCIP; Fortinet – NSE 4 – 7; Silverpeak – SPSP, SPSX
Why Join NTT Global Networks
- We are a clear industry leader --- #1 network provider for Global, intra-Europe, and intra-Asia Network capabilities based on Gartner’s ‘Magic Quadrant for Network Services Global’
- You will have unlimited access to skill development opportunities, career mentorship and upward mobility in a Fortune 100 company
- You will have a competitive compensation & benefits package and realized job security in a performance-based environment
- You will be joining a team that fosters employee empowerment and work-life balance