Junior Lab Engineer
About NTT Global Networks
NTT Global Networks, an NTT Communications company, is a leader in software-defined managed network services for global enterprises focused on providing end-to-end connectivity and unmatched customer support. Our global expertise and network reach include the world’s largest SaaS and Cloud providers. We are a partner of choice for enterprises that require an optimized and purpose-built network solution that empowers their digital transformation efforts, achieving true business outcomes.
We offer the full lifecycle of design, delivery, and ongoing management, with an extensive services suite including:
- Managed SD-WAN helps enterprises optimize their global networks in terms of performance and cost.
- Managed SD-LAN helps enterprises remove the burden of day-to-day management and allows the IT team to focus on the business.
- Managed Secured Gateway and Cloud-based Network Services helps enterprises secure their Internet and Web traffic without investing in technology or infrastructure.
NTT Global Networks offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
This position supports the NTT Global Networks product engineering lab under senior engineer direction and guidance. This role is integral in supporting the managed services products to include product integration with NMS testing, testing documentation, vendor hardware/software functional feature evaluations and hardware/software throughput performance testing. This role is responsible for a wide range of tasks under senior engineer direction to include test network designs, racking and stacking equipment, running cabling, documenting lab infrastructure and lab tests, working with vendors to drive issue resolution, troubleshooting L2-L7 network issues in the lab and hardware/software product performance testing. Due to the hands-on nature of this role the position must be able to work full time from our Greenwood Village, CO headquarters.
- Works with multiple global internal teams to assist with deployment needs
- Maintains inventory of all lab equipment and materials
- Follows all safety guidelines, environmental and regulatory guidelines
- May use ladders and small hand and power tools
- Installs fiber and copper cabling between and inside of racks and cabinets
- Inspects infrastructure and fixes minor and major issues
- Evaluates lab network performance and addresses scaling concerns
- Organizes and schedules lab maintenances and upgrades
- Assists material control teams on an as needed basis
- Performs quarterly power assessments
- Run tests and document test setup and test results
Skills and Experience:
- Have knowledge of TCP/IP networking technologies
- Understanding enterprise IT’s network needs, such as VPN, SSL
- Understanding of telco communications
- Proven knowledge of the OSI layers and the TCP/IP stack
- Practical IPv4 and IPv6 experience, such as LAN spanning tree, BGP/OSPF routing, DNS, DHCP
- Hands-on experience with network equipment, such as Routers, LAN switches, Wireless Access Points, Firewalls, etc.
- Strong communication/presentation skills as well as analytical skills
- Must have both technical and commercial understanding of the network business
- Creative writing skills and the ability to put complex technical matters into an abstract/easy to understand business proposition.
- Ability to establish partnerships with other teams such as operations, sales and vendors.
- Flexibility to take on different tasks as needed
- Basic knowledge of Visio
- Practical use of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Willingness and ability to conduct and attend meetings and field communication outside of normal working hours to accommodate teams based internationally, as needed
- Ability to work effectively with clients, senior management, staff and vendors
- Previous experience working with/presenting to an executive audience
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required
Estimated Minimum Salary: $70K
**All salary information listed is an estimate. Final salaries for selected candidates could be negotiated outside of the listed range, depending on several factors.**
You may learn more about NTT Global Networks at www.nttglobal.net.