Network Engineer – Enterprise
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following; however other duties may be assigned as needed for the smooth and continued operations of the company.
- Drive the innovation and evolution of NTT Global Networks systems and tools.
- Remote Management and Monitoring of Enterprise Networks of Large Global clients that have a distributed LAN/WLAN setup.
- Design and deliver advanced Network Services.
- Come up with latest and greatest technology ideas and establish proof of concept for the new technologies.
- Drive aggressive implementation of Network requirements for functionality and quality.
- Drive infrastructure standards and guidelines, Performance analysis, benchmarking and detailed design of the system.
- Directly interact with members of the GOC Operations to develop a broad understanding of Network Best Practices.
Required Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5+ years of network experience.
- Excellent technical expertise with Wireless Protocols, Switching/LAN Technologies, and Cellular Telecommunications.
- Excellent technical experience on Cisco/HP/Aruba/Meraki Platform Network solutions.
- Excellent technical hands-on experience with Infoblox or any DDI solutions.
- Experience with 4G LTE or 5G Radio Access Network (RAN).
- Embedded Systems and the implementation of wireless protocol stacks.
- Possess a professional attitude and work ethic.
- Ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of people such as peers, managers, customers, and vendors via phone or email.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for networking, IT or computer science, knowledge of technologies.
- Own and manage customer issues and see problems through to resolution.
- Investigate and complete Reason for Outage (RFO) reports on all network outages.
- Experience with maintenance activities, following Scripts or MOPs accurately.
- Functional understanding of DNS, DHCP, VLANs, and spanning tree.
- Experience with Linux and knowledge of core network services (DNS, NTP, syslog).
- An interest to learn SDN, NFV, SD-LAN, cloud infrastructure technologies, virtualization, virtual switches, virtual routers technologies.
- Familiarity with 4G / 5G Cellular technologies and system performance.
- The ability to troubleshoot the performance, quality, and reliability of RAN.
- Strong time management and complex task organization skills.
Training and Certification Required:
- Bachelors Degree, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security or related field required or equivalent experience.
- One or more network-related certifications: Cisco CCNA, ENCOR, ENWLSD or ENWLSI; Meraki-related certifications; Aruba related certification.
Why Join NTT Global Networks
- We are a clear industry leader --- #1 network provider for Global, intra-Europe, and intra-Asia Network capabilities based on Gartner’s ‘Magic Quadrant for Network Services Global’
- You will have unlimited access to skill development opportunities, career mentorship and upward mobility in a Fortune 100 company
- You will have a competitive compensation & benefits package and realized job security in a performance-based environment
- You will be joining a team that fosters employee empowerment and work-life balance