AUI Corporate Office
AUI Corporate Office
Reports to: Senior Accounting Manager
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Status: Regular Full Time
Travel Required: No
Duration: At will
Posting Begin Date: July 8, 2021
Posting End Date: Until filled
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Washington, DC
Associated Universities, Inc. (AUI) collaborate with the scientific community to plan, build, and operate cutting-edge facilities. AUI cultivates excellence, deliver value, enhance education, and engage to the public. AUI’s expertise focuses on continually improving research and development, user facilities, management and operations, technology incubation, and community engagement through workshop and conference planning.
Associated Universities, Inc. (AUI) has an accounting opportunity available. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing financial transactions and preparing general ledger reconciliations associated with the month-end close and other financial duties as required. Additionally, this role will support special projects such as balance sheet consolidation and compliance related issues.
AUI provides excellent paid time off benefits (vacation and sick leave). Medical, dental and vision plans are effective first day of employment. After 6 months of active service, AUI’s retirement benefit contributes an amount equal to 10 percent of a qualified participant’s base pay. No contribution is required of the employee; we also offer an optional supplemental, tax-deferred plan for employee retirement contributions.
Job Duties Summary
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare month-end close entries in support of monthly financial statements.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for assigned accounts and resolve outstanding items as required.
- Assist with travel expense voucher review.
- Assist with accounts payable / invoice processing.
- Assist with credit card reconciliation and review.
- Perform monthly and annual reconciliations of revenue, cash receipt, bank reconciliations, and other project activity against the general ledger and project ledger.
- Assist in preparation of specialized financial reports, such as month- and year-end schedules as needed by management and auditors.
- Administration of government property and eQuip! (Government property tracking system).
- Provide support to special projects as needed.
- Play a supporting role in the implementation of financial systems upgrades and updates.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related field.
- Minimum 1 year of general accounting experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and general ledger procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with a wide variety of people using diplomacy, tact, and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform successfully in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to use computer technology to efficiently accomplish work using Microsoft Office programs, email, Internet, and database management software.
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Women, Minorities, Vietnam-Era Veterans, Disabled Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will monitor and review the recruitment process to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. There will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of mental or physical disability. Further, we will take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified handicapped individuals, qualified disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam Era without discrimination based on their disability or veteran’s status in all employment practices. We will select the best qualified candidate to perform the duties of an available position and will give first consideration to present employees whenever practical. To view our complete statement and additional information, please visit http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/jobs. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request to [email protected].