Cybersecurity Engineer (4608)
AUI, Woodstar Labs
Job Title: Cybersecurity Engineer
Reports to: Deputy Director of Cybersecurity Program/CISO
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Status: At Will, Full Time
Travel Required: < 25%
Duration: 22 Month Term or through June 2023
Posting Begin Date: July 16,2021
Posting End Date: Until filled
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Remote or onsite depending on proximity to AUI Centers
Associated Universities, Inc. (AUI) is seeking candidates for a Cybersecurity Engineer with a depth of knowledge across various cybersecurity disciplines and the keen ability to address cybersecurity related problems across multiple clients. The ideal candidate will have a broad skillset and a strong drive to meet client needs. This individual will be hired as a term employee authorized for 40 hours per week for 22 months, or until June 2023.
The Cybersecurity Engineer will be responsible providing expert advice and performing duties in support of various cybersecurity functions for AUI as well as multiple clients. They will work independently or in collaboration with small teams of cybersecurity professionals to develop and support a variety of cybersecurity operations and be responsible for effectively communicating to closely with peer IT function leaders, department directors, the CISO and CIO.
Key responsibilities and duties will include but are not limited to: Security Operations, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Risk, Governance and Compliance (GRC) Digital Forensics, Business Continuity and/or Incident Response. This will include developing and communicating a credible, executable vision for improving security and clearly and effectively communicating security status, goals and plans to senior leaders and clients. The Cybersecurity Engineer will operationalize a risk assessments process that maintains plans to remediate risks, enable security capabilities, and respond to information security incidents and inquiries. When required, the Cybersecurity Engineer will guide, assist and/or perform implementation of specific cybersecurity controls in client environments. This position will allow for most of the work to be conducted remotely, with the occasional on-site working meetings at AUI’s office in Vienna, VA. In addition, some travel (< 25%) may be required to visit client work sites.
• Undergraduate (Bachelors) degree with a (preferred) concentration in computer science, cybersecurity, information security. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
• Minimum work experience of 7-9 years in a cybersecurity field.
• Minimum work experience of 3-5 years in a Cybersecurity Engineer role.
• Relevant industry certifications required, (E. G., CISSP, GCFE).
• Knowledge of relevant information technology management frameworks such as NIST, CMMC, ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL and COBIT.
• Practical experience with regulatory, audit and compliance activities.
• Experience with cybersecurity tools such as Zeek, NMAP, Wireshark, ELK, Splunk, Grass Marlin, Dragos, or similar applications
• Experience working with event logs, SEIM, or any log aggregation and analysis tools
• Desired: Vendor specific certifications from Cisco, Palo Alto, Microsoft
• Desired: Practical experience with incident response.
• Desired: Experience with cloud services providers such as AWS and/or Azure
• Desired: System experience with Linux, ICS, operational technology, IoT, voting technology
• Desired: Programming and scripting experience; especially Python, Bash, regex and database
• Desired: Strong understanding of the financial and performance implications of information security-related decisions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in Office 365 (full suite), & Adobe
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities and able to support fast turnarounds with surge capabilities.
• Able to produce reports, analytics, and presentations based on client and business needs.
• Have or be able to receive a federal clearance.
• The ideal candidate will have documented history of the responsibilities and experiences listed.
Physical Conditions/Nature of Work
• This individual will be required to sit and work on a computer for prolonged period of times.
• Will need to communicate via email, phone, and virtually.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Women, Minorities, Vietnam-Era Veterans, Disabled Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will monitor and review the recruitment process to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. There will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of mental or physical disability. Further, we will take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified handicapped individuals, qualified disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam Era without discrimination based on their disability or veteran’s status in all employment practices. We will select the best qualified candidate to perform the duties of an available position and will give first consideration to present employees whenever practical. To view our complete statement and additional information, please visit http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/jobs. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request to [email protected].