Assistant Teacher - Greenwood
Northwest Center is now hiring an Assistant Teacher for our Greenwood school!
Do you enjoy coaching and mentoring children? Are you patient and dedicated to helping your students achieve success? Are you looking to make a positive impact in your community? Northwest Center Kids' mission is to provide an inclusive environment where all families receive individual programs of education, advocacy, therapy, and family support that nurtures the development of children with and without disabilities. Be a part of the team that is leading the education inclusion revolution!
We are hiring Assistant Teachers. You will work as part of a dynamic team, supporting Lead Teachers to develop and implement positive, nurturing, and stimulating programs suited for the children's individual developmental needs from birth to five years. Our ideal candidate is flexible, adaptable, enthusiastic, and team-oriented.
Watch a video to learn more about our inclusive Early Learning Team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYTxgf2nhqQ
Location: Seattle - Greenwood
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8-hour shift, between the hours of 7:00 AM- 6:00 PM
Wage: $19.00 per hour + $750 hiring bonus!
*$250 to be paid out after 30 days of employment, and $500 to be paid out after 90 days of employment*
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Contribution Program
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Eligible to receive scholarships for a Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education
- Monthly reflective practice with a licensed therapist
- Tuition discount after one year at our NWC Early Learning Schools
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- High School diploma
- Candidates with one year or more of Early Childhood Education experience will be given preference
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.