JOIN NORTHWEST CENTERS ARGUS JANITORIAL TEAM
AS A ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT.
Northwest Center is now hiring an Accounting Assistant to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, in addition to processing payroll for our growing Spokane Valley office! This is a diverse position where you will get the chance to provide clerical and administrative assistance as well as customer support.
Wage: $18 - $20 per hour - DOE
Location: Spokane Valley
- AA degree
- Formal accounting and payroll training
- Providing processing support for accounts receivable and collections
- Coding accounts payable
- Monitoring and reconciling customer accounts
- Providing support to employees regarding payroll and Paycom system questions
- Processes payroll, status changes, miss punch data, time-off requests, and other clerical processes through PayCom
- Managing supply inventory and ordering supplies when needed
- Answering calls and directing them to the appropriate employees
- Maintaining data sheets and distributing them as needed
- Managing customer account information such as addresses and billing information
Benefits: We provide full-time employees with a generous benefits package, including healthcare plans, retirement plans with a company match, paid vacations, and much more!
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, and Payroll experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting and payroll systems
- Knowledge of advanced Excel functions
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State payroll regulations including prevailing wage laws and certified payroll
Skills and Abilities:
- High level of quality control and accuracy
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational, time management and telephone skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks accurately and promptly
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle the day to day stress and maintain a professional demeanor
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter and problem solver
- Customer service-oriented and able to maintain a helpful and positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it. We flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.