Northwest Center Is HIRING!! Join our team as our HR Generalist!
At Northwest Center, we create opportunities for education, rehabilitation, and employment. Northwest Center seeks to develop and support an inclusive community where all people can fully participate by learning and working together. We envision a day when all people have the same opportunities to grow, contribute to our society, and enjoy a fulfilling life.
Position: Human Resources (Employee Experience) Generalist, NWC @ Amazon
Salary: 65k + Excellent Benefits (http://www.nwcbenefits.com/)
Location: Seattle (South Lake Union, Sodo, Queen Anne), Bellevue and Redmond
Travel: Ability to travel quarterly to the Arlington, VA/DMV area
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Gym & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
**Please attach a resume to your application**
A day in the life... The Human Resources Generalist is primarily responsible for assisting in employee relation interactions, the internal promotion/transfer process, including supporting our internal recruiting team with various tasks such as the ADA interactive accommodation process, short-term projects, data pulls and other like duties. This position supports managers and employees from all programs with employee-centered needs such as recognition, problem resolution, recruitment and selection of new talent, staff retention and conflict mediation. This position will also provide HR support to [email protected] across three locals Seattle, Bellevue and Arlington, VA locations.
The Key Responsibilities of This Role Are
Supports NWC Amazon Reception and Special Services Teams, by providing support around employment law and labor laws, employee accessibility needs related to the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), assists with employee relations for all employees, and builds relationships and empowers people to utilize their resources. Supports and embraces an inclusive and diverse workforce. Understands and embraces the NWC Mission of inclusion, and acts as an Ambassador at all times. Ensures that the 150+ employees across the NWC Amazon reception and special services teams understand and are connected to the culture and mission of NWC. Builds up people, teams, and services!!
Recruiting Support: Partners directly with internal candidates to assess feedback from interviews, providing additional resources and navigating them throughout the interview process. May occasionally support portions of the full cycle recruiting process, as backup to our recruiting team. This may include phone screening, scheduling interviews, assisting with reference checks, or making employment offers.
Onboarding and new hire orientation while ensuring the onboarding experience for both external and internal candidates are seamless.
Tracks key metrics related to employee turnover rates, retention, and engagement by conducting exit interviews and analyzing exit reasons. This is not an encompassing list of key responsibilities.
- High school Diploma or GED (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years (4) of HR experience (preferred)
- HR certification (preferred); i.e. SHRM-CP, PHR
- 2 years of HR experience (required) i.e. Employee Relations, Recruiting, Benefits, L&D
- Previous experience in Human Resources with knowledge of recruiting and Employee Relations (required)
Demonstrable Skills (this is not an all-inclusive list, but rather an example):
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Demonstrate initiative to learn and enhance skills that promote an inclusive workforce
- Excellent communication and written skills
- A genuine love for customers and proven history of driving growth in a complex environment
Work Conditions & Physical Demands
- Must be able to transport a backpack (or similar luggage) containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 30 pounds
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to physically move spaces consistently within a 1.5 radius is required
- Ability to travel to locations throughout the greater Seattle region
- Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses)
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device)
- Ability to travel up to the VA campus on occasion
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at [email protected] and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it, and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.