Northwest Center Is Looking for Our Next Maintenance Technician!
We are Integrated Facilities Services (IFS), a world-class janitorial and building services operation and part of Northwest Center, a nonprofit dedicated to advocating for people with disabilities, advancing equal opportunities in education and employment.
We are seeking candidates to join our growing maintenance and monitoring team in the Seattle area. This is an opportunity for a full-time role that offers flexibility, competitive pay and benefits, consistent hours, opportunities to advance, and a $2,000 signing bonus.
Responsibilities for the role include hands-on maintenance and monitoring of building systems and a range of other responsibilities, such as repairing flooring, drywall, and appliances. If you want to work with a great group of people at an organization
Location: Seattle Area
Schedule: Full-time - Monday – Friday (Between the hours of 7:00 AM- 4:30 PM)
Wage: $26.00 per hour + $2,000 signing bonus + Excellent Benefits!
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
What we are looking for:
- 2-3 Years' experience of HANDS-ON facility maintenance or building trades with a focus on painting and drywall experience
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office products including Outlook)
- Team player that can work effectively and diplomatically with site personnel and supervisors
- Working knowledge of building and mechanical systems
- Knowledge and experience working with a variety of power and hand tools
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of carpentry, cabinetry, painting, and drywall
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.