Amazon - Assistant Manager for Northwest Center Services
Under the direction of the Reception Program Manager, the Assistant Manager assumes responsibility for all team members and operations within their area. Responsibilities include coaching and developing staff to ensure we provide a customer-centric experience through each interaction, overseeing a variety of projects and audits, and working to improve processes to increase the team's overall efficiency. Amazon is a fast-paced demanding corporate environment and we are committed to providing professional 5-star customer service with every interaction. The primary customer base includes callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all guests and levels of Amazon.com.
Location: Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond
Salary: $65,956.8 + per year
Schedule: Mon - Fri 730am - 6pm (hours vary)
- Make sure reports to staff is on time to open and close Amazon building locations. Be prepared to step in to cover when needed.
- Communicate and participate in the hiring and staffing of areas of responsibility.
- Manage project teams (including Project Coordinators, Workplace Assistants, GREF support teams, etc) and maintain a basic understanding of their responsibilities in addition to communication with blue badge team members.
- Train and oversee all administrative support and customer support expectations, and procedures for supervisors overseen.
- Ensure reception and supervisor emails are responded to by the team within a timely manner, typically within a 10-minute time frame.
- Handle escalated interactions with the guidance of Reception Program Manager or Director.
- Attend and actively participate in ongoing professional development and scheduled training to maintain current information on the team procedures, Amazon and campus information, best customer service practices, and more.
- Be knowledgeable of all building specialties including, but not limited to, security access levels, and facility procedures.
- Check-in with staff to review and ensure that all procedures and policies are understood and followed.
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss updates, concerns, and ideas with leadership.
- Respond directly with employees (or their direct supervisor) of any performance concerns, including the Manager and Director as needed.
- Respond to and immediately escalate issues occurring within their scope of responsibility.
- Work as a liaison between NWC, Amazon, and other vendors.
- Assist Management in interviewing, hiring, and termination discussions.
- Lead staff through coaching and development while working to promote cohesiveness with the entire NWC team.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Oversee call center team, day to day operations in cooperation with the Lead and setting up new hires.
- Oversee the training team for weekly assignments of new staff and day to day operations. Contribute to the curriculum and provide continuity for the program.
- Includes other duties as assigned.
- Excellent attendance is a must.
- Ability to come in early or stay late on a moment’s notice for coverage.
- Regular employee performance coaching for employees and temps.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Manager and NWC Leadership Team.
- Coordinate Employee Corrective Action plans with the Manager and Director as needed.
- Assist with ongoing projects as needed.
- Oversee and understand the duties of all team members and their projects.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-year Customer Service, call center or administrative support experience.
- 2-Year supervisory experience.
- Experience in crowd or security management systems (ie Lenel, Right Crowd)
Skills & Abilities:
- Commitment to Support Services and the NWC mission.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in basic excel spreadsheets, word, outlook, and SharePoint.
- Highly developed critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative leadership style.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction, collaborative work style, and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization in a constructive manner.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally with all levels of management, both internal and external.
- Flexibility in working various hours (typically between 7:30 AM and 6:00 PM).
- The ability to understand, interpret and follow Amazon's Policies and Procedures is critical.
Pressure of Work:
- This is an extremely busy and demanding corporate environment where you can have many things going on at once. You are required to provide world-class customer service to all visitors, employees, Amazonians, and vendor partners. You must address a large volume of e-mails daily in a timely and efficient manner (typically within the day). Escalations may include but are not limited to angry customers (in person or via telephone), personnel and/or performance issues with staff as well as facility-related escalations.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 20 lbs and move bananas weighing up to 50 lbs.
- This is a dog-friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
- May need to carry supplies to or from other buildings.
- The ability to walk within a mile and a half radius is required.
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.