Amazon - Executive Briefing Center (EBC) Concierge for Northwest Center Services
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Executive Briefing Program is a customer obsessed Briefing Concierge to manage onsite logistics support for the AWS Executive Briefing Center (EBC) located in Seattle, WA. The EBC is nestled in the heart of Amazon’s South Lake Union campus, the AWS EBC is comprised of two floors of executive briefing rooms, EBC Concierge Desks, reception areas, and cafes. The EBC Concierge is responsible for managing onsite logistics that support the successful execution of executive briefings.
The EBC Concierge plays a critical role in creating a world class customer experience for our guests, which are primarily executive level customers of AWS. This includes providing onsite logistics support, greeting guests and escorting them to their briefing room, and carrying out setup/breakdown responsibilities for each briefing.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Executive Briefing Program Concierge has experience working with executive leadership in a support role. They are a self-starter with an impeccable attention to detail. They are comfortable with ambiguity but can successfully manage multiple tasks and project simultaneously with direction and support from onsite EBC staff. The EBC must be able to communicate effectively with executive stakeholders and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They anticipate customer needs, resolve tactical challenges, and remain calm under pressure. Must have flexible schedule: 8-hour shifts varying from 6:30am-6pm (M-F).
Starting Salary: $33.00 per hour
Schedule: 5-month Contract (potential to become full-time) ; M - F 630am - 6pm (8 hr shifts)
Location: South Lake Union
Key responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Ensure Executive Briefing Center is customer-ready on at all times.
- Prepare and setup executive briefing resources including printed materials, supplies, and swag.
- Work from EBC Concierge Welcome Desk, greet guests and visitors, provide coat checking, provide luggage storage, and escort them to their briefing room.
- Setup briefing rooms prior to each briefing.
- Partner with onsite support such as Protective Services, Catering, and AV to resolve ad hoc needs.
- Manage briefing supply inventory and ensure all storage areas organized and communicate to EBC Concierge Lead when reordering needs to occur as necessary.
- Ensure all small plant life around Welcome Desks are maintained.
- Breakdown briefing rooms after each briefing.
- Assist Briefing Program Managers with inputting catering and transportation requests into their appropriate websites.
- Lead Executive Briefing Tours and provide support during Spheres tours.
- Additional duties as determined by the EBC Concierge Team Lead or EBC Site Lead.
Needed experience & Requirements
- Customer service skills with executives.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- 3+ years of experience in a high-volume customer-facing role.
- Highly effective in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Excellent organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Ability to be on-site at the Executive Briefing Center in Seattle, WA on a consistent basis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Experience in luxury customer focus hotels/resorts and/or luxury restaurants.
- Proven record of cross-team collaboration and ability to influence decision making.
- Creative problem solver.
- Experience managing a shared team Outlook inbox in addition to their own.
- Experience with Amazon Chime, Slack, and WorkDocs.
- BS/BA degree in hospitality, international reactions, marketing, or equivalent related experience.
Working Conditions & Physical demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods (up to 8 hours per workday).
- Ability to move consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center (NWC) is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.