Occupational Therapist Manager
Northwest Center Kids is seeking an Occupational Therapist (OT) Manager to join our Early Supports Team.
The Early Supports OT Manager is responsible for overseeing the strategic direction of the Occupational Therapy program by providing direction and leadership to the OT team.
This position serves as a member of the Early Supports Leadership team and will develop and maintain positive relationships within NWC and the community, develop the occupational therapy team, maintain positive relationships with administrative staff, understand the early supports budget and operate within financial parameters.
Location: South Park (Seattle, WA)
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Wage: $36.05 - $53.00 per hour DOE + $2,500 hiring bonus!
*$1,000 to be paid out after 60 days of employment, and $1,500 to be paid out after 90 days of employment*
What we can offer:
- Salaried position, including documentation time
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP), including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Highly skilled, dedicated, and well-established collaborative team
- Mileage and Professional License Reimbursement
- Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- Provide evidence-based guidance and best clinical practice for early supports service delivery within the OT/RD team and overall Early Supports Team
- Attend, contribute, and plan regular meetings with ES Directors, SLP Clinical Coordinators and FRC Site Supervisors, ES Managers, and teams
- In collaboration with Clinical Director, oversee routine personnel functions including hiring, orientation, training, performance evaluations, terminations, and HR needs (i.e., maternity and FMLA leaves)
- Understand and operate within the department budget
- Ensure program compliance with all agency policies and procedures (i.e., monthly required training, discipline-specific billing updates, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with King County Contract, State and Federal regulations, and other funding sources, including preparing for audits and contract monitoring
- Use family voice to guide best practice decisions in service delivery
- The OT Manager is a member of the ES Leadership team
- Clinically supervise and provide leadership and support to OTs, including observation of visits and regularly scheduled 1:1 meetings
- Oversee and coordinate OT programming, OT training, continuing ed budget, and OT university internship program
- Serve as overflow during caseload transitions between OTs and evals when needed
- Support resolution of complex personnel issues
- Have a commitment to, and passion for, developing and investing in others and embodies NWCs values
- Meet NWC team members with an equity foundation, practice empathy and reflection, and embrace a diverse team while honoring our culture of collaboration and team learning
- Plan, understand, prioritize, and implement early supports goals and KPIs within the OT/RD team
- Understand and evaluate trends within teams and within the OT program and overall department
- Monitor caseload trends of OT/RD team to determine hiring/actions with referrals
- Understand and evaluate trends within teams and within the ES OT/RD program and overall department
- Master’s degree, OTD or equivalent
- Licensed Occupational Therapist in the State of Washington
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Occupational Therapist with at least 1-year experience in Early Supports
- A valid WA driver’s license and automobile insurance are required
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.