Assistant Manager, Move Ambassador Program for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
NORTHWEST CENTER @ AMAZON IS HIRING FOR AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, MOVE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM!!!
Location: South Lake Union & Greater Seattle
Schedule: Full Time Monday - Friday (with flexibility to work weekends)
Salary: $63,003 + Great Benefits!
To be considered for this role, please submit a resume and cover letter.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide support to the rest of leadership with management, day to day direction, and leadership to Move Ambassador Team.
- Ensure program service level agreements and operation standards are met or exceeded, inclusive of staffing levels, email response times, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Lead and participate in additional project related work, delegating as needed.
- Become the subject matter expert of all move program operations, but not limited to, security access levels, facility procedures, vendor points of contact, and any escalation processes.
- Partner with Move Ambassador Program Manager on developing new program initiatives, developing appropriate SOP’s, and operational standards.
- Work with outside vendors on procurement on materials holding vendors accountable for deliverables, and associated spend.
- Partner with leadership ensuring up to date training documents, and resources are available for all staff.
- Work with leadership best training practices for new hire and ongoing training.
- Responsible for employee development through the development of individualized goals and the creation of training plans to ensure that employees achieve the established goals.
- Responsible for staff performance ensuring that all procedures, processes and policies are understood and followed. Following up with corrective employee conversations as necessary related to employee performance, including additional leadership as necessary.
- Assist leadership in interviewing, hiring, and termination discussions.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent.
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Act as liaison between Northwest Center, Amazon, and other vendors ensuring continuity, and ongoing improvement/development of relationships with various Amazon Teams providing an enhanced Amazon brand experience.
- Provide elevated customer support for Amazon employees and vendor partners.
- Partner with supervisor to handle escalated situations during the move process.
- Support the design, development, delivery, and management of communications.
NEEDED EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4-year customer service or administrative support experience.
- Proven experience as a supervisor or similar management role
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office
- 4+ Years supervisory experience.
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation
- Manages confidentiality without exception
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture”
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
WHO WE ARE
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.