Amazon - Corporate Receptionist for Northwest Center Services
The Corporate Receptionist provides 5-star customer service to internal and external customers over email, on the phone, and in person. The primary customer base includes callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and Amazon employees. Receptionists provide assistance with a variety of administrative activities and tasks including greeting and checking in guests, distributing badges, providing resources to callers, and assisting with projects and audits. Receptionists are solution providers and seek to provide a memorable customer centric experience through each interaction.
Location: Greater Seattle area (Offices In South Lake Union, Queen Anne, South Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond)
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30AM – 4:00PM and 9:30AM - 6:00PM (must have open availability to work both shifts as assigned)
Wage: $20.00 per hour
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Gym & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com
Key responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Facilitate the opening and/or closing of service locations throughout the Puget Sound Region.
- Responsible for building knowledge, and understanding current and future scheduled events/maintenance/and service provider locations.
- Follow proper procedures to hang and maintain customer posters in all buildings ensuring a presentable environment at all times
- Ensure program service level agreements and operation standards are exceeded
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments.
- Work collaboratively with Amazon employees and other vendor partners, ensuring the Northwest Center team is always acting as a solutions provider to our customer and vendor partners.
- Immediately report any suspicious persons, calls and packages to Amazon Corporate Security, NWC supervisors and Amazon Global Real Estate and Facilities.
- Maintain appropriate levels of reception forms and supplies. Take weekly inventory and communicate to the supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
- Distribute confidential assets for Amazon employees and/or vendor partners and update associated tracking logs.
- Ensure physical presence of lobby & workrooms exceed overall visual presence expectations and commissioning standards
- Welcome customers upon entrance, act as the point of reference for guests & Amazon employees who need assistance or information. Understanding and anticipating customer's needs and providing them with personalized solutions and becoming the customers go to solutions provider.
- Utilize organization-specific computer programs to check-in guests and confirm validity prior to entering Amazon space. Issue loaner badges according to the specified operating procedures, as requested.
- Provide support to customers via phone, email or in person to callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners and all guests.
- Help resolve any escalations with guests and visitors in a professional and polite manner. Immediately communicating escalations to supervisor and call security for assistance, if necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of local places to eat and other landmarks to visit within the Puget Sound Region, and offer information to guest/Amazon employees as requested.
Banana stand addendum
- Always arrive to the banana stand and ready to work at scheduled time in provided Banista uniform.
- Assist with daily set-up and/or tear down of stand and ensuring all banana stand related items are placed in appropriate locations.
- Select work appropriate music to play during operating hours.
- Unload bananas from boxes into banana stand crates while separating bananas into individual pieces.
- Remove plastic or other material from the banana bunches.
- Keep the banana stand crates full and plentiful for the duration of operating hours.
- Sort any bruised or damaged bananas out and place them in the compost bin.
- Ensure the banana stand is organized and clean at all times.
- Monitor the compost bin and facilitate emptying when full.
- Greet and engage each and every visitor to the stand in a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner. Banistas are required to provide a 5-star impression at all times.
- Track daily metrics on distribution, compost, carry-over cases, and additional areas as specified by leadership and/or Amazon Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF).
- Track all comments, general inquiries, and public response to identify common themes and emergency situations needing attention.
- Learn FAQ’s and banana facts to share with visitors.
- Decorate the stand for holidays and/or special events with approved designs.
- Communicate issues needing supervisor attention immediately, i.e. unexpected media on scene, banana supply shortage, etc.
- Ability to follow structured timelines and accommodate unexpected requests
Needed experience & requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred
- 1+ year customer service, call center, or administrative support experience
- 2+ years customer service, call center or administrative support experience
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to quickly and successfully prioritize tasks.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Conducts self in a professional and friendly manner at all times.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively deescalate situations.
- Strong conflict resolution, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s Policies and Procedures.
- Manages confidentiality without exception
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture”
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
Working Conditions & Physical demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to move consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit outdoors in all weather conditions above 45 degrees Fahrenheit (up to 8 hours per work day).
- Must be able to lift bananas and stack boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.