Northwest Center is hiring an Accessibility Partner to join our team!
As an Accessibility Partner, you will be providing sighted assistance to an employee in the technology field. You will partner with the person to anticipate and mitigate barriers and obstacles in the workplace and during the workday. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to continued education towards disability allyship and ensuring an equitable workplace.
Position Title: Accessibility Partner
Location: Redmond, WA and Remote
Wage: $21.00 - $26.00 per hour DOE
Schedule: Monday – Friday; Full-Time
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Contribution Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com
- Seeking to understand the ways to best partner with and empower the employee through relationship building
- Clearly and professionally communicating visual cues from in-person interactions and rendering visual descriptions to the employee as appropriate
- Creating and reformatting all documents into an accessible format as needed
- Maintaining and supporting an electronic document filing system
- Supporting in daily key tasks such as taking notes, administrative tasks that may be inaccessible, building visual images or graphics, and presentations in-person or virtual
- Proactively working to anticipate and address barriers and reprioritizing tasks based on the needs of the employee
- Growing your knowledge of support practices and skills on digital and physical accessibility tools through participation in self-research, learning different strategies, workshops, professional meetings, networking, and reading of current literature in the field of accessibility
- One or more years of experience working in direct service, job coaching, disability-focused human services field, or administrative support
- Tech-savvy with an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information, including sensitive human resources situations
- Valid Driver's license and personal mode of transportation
- Experience working with people who are visually impaired, or blind preferred
- Although not required, we encourage candidates to highlight any experience related to administrative/executive assistance, executive communication/technical writing, UX/UI design, and/or knowledge of programming languages
Northwest Center is dedicated to closing the employment gap between individuals with disabilities and those without. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center (NWC) is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services and business in innovative ways.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran status.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].