Events Ambassador for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center is looking for an Event Ambassador to join our team at Amazon!
Under the direction of the Event Support and Operations Supervisor, the Event Ambassador assumes responsibility for supporting events taking place on Amazon’s South Lake Union campus and offsite locations. The Event Ambassador is the principle contact for the event and is responsible for maintaining knowledge of the campus and managing guest check in while providing a memorable, customer-centric experience through each interaction. This position will greet and check in visitors, distribute visitor and loaner badges, provide information and resources and assist with special projects and events. Amazon is a fast-paced demanding corporate environment and we are committed to providing professional 5-star customer service with every interaction. The primary customer base includes event organizers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all guests and employees of Amazon.
Schedule: 40 Hours - schedule varies but typically between 7:30 AM - 6PM working 8 hours per day
Salary: $22.50 per hour
Location: Seattle, WA (South Lake Union), Bellevue, SoDo, Queen Anne, & Redmond
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Gym & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
*** Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application ***
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet all visitors in a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner. Provide a 5-star first impression for every visitor and email response.
- Utilize industry-specific computer programs to check in guests and confirm validity prior to entering Amazon space.
- Support events taking place on Amazon’s campus by pre-registering guests, assisting with visitor check-in, and providing ticketed coat check as requested.
- Act as the on-site point of contact for event organizers. Welcome guests, direct event set-up, communicate with staff, report escalations, organize vendors, and facilitate event tear-down.
- Monitor event and reception email aliases, and respond within 30 minutes of receipt providing a solution or informing the customer that the request is being addressed.
- Open and close event support service locations while ensuring the lobby is clean and organized.
- Work cohesively with other supporting vendors on events including but not limited to GREF-events, Amazon Corporate Security (ACS), janitorial, catering and the audio visual team (A/V).
- Maintain appropriate levels of event forms and supplies. Take weekly inventory and report to supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
- Communicate with event organizers and vendor staff via email, in person, Chime or phone.
- Manage event assets and commit to protecting guests’ items when in Northwest Center’s care.
- Maintain event asset inventory. Organize and distribute event assets from storage rooms to other buildings as necessary.
- Attend and represent the reception and event support services teams at event walk-throughs.
- Compile the weekly events report and notify the reception team of upcoming events including reservations for easels, carts, and other reception materials.
- Support visitor check-in taking place on Amazon’s campus and/or offsite locations as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 1-year customer service, call center, reception, event staffing, or administrative support experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently without a line of sight to another employee or as the only representative of Northwest Center.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally and electronically with all levels of management, employees, vendor partners, event organizers and visitors.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule consisting of 40 hours per week with the possibility of extra time.
- Hours will have varied start and end times due to event and scheduling needs. Flexibility to work some nights and weekends is required.
- Proficiency with MS Windows, Excel, and Outlook e-mail.
- Daily duties include a combination of desk time and visiting several Amazon buildings, so the ability to regularly walk or travel independently within a 1.5-mile radius is required.
- Comfortability working in an open, unassigned workspace is required.
- Senior Ambassadors may be required to work outdoors in all seasons as needed to assist with events.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods (up to 8 hours per workday).
- Ability to distribute supplies to other buildings, up to 50 pounds.
- Amazon is a dog friendly environment with over 1,000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center (NWC) is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at [email protected] and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.