Vice President of Employment Services
Northwest Center is looking to add a vital new member to the Senior Leadership Team. The Vice President of Employment Services will provide guidance, creativity, and initiative to the design, implementation, operations, and best practices for the Employment Services Division. The Vice President is accountable for efficient and effective processes across the entire division, driving high mission impact and outcomes, pushing exponential growth and scale to ensure maximum velocity North, and championing a commitment to inclusion, equity, and anti-racism.
Position: Vice President of Employment Services
Location: Seattle, WA
- Opportunity to join a growing organization focused on making an impact!
- A supportive, compassionate, and dedicated team
- Competitive and affordable Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation benefits
- Minimum of 8 years' management experience
- Experienced voice and participant with work involving racial equity, anti-racism, and the intersectional experience of oppressed groups
- Strategic thinker with exceptional planning skills
- Strong business analysis skills combined with demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative.
- Experience in the successful resolution of complex personnel issues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to contain operational costs while meeting operational goals
- Bachelors Degree OR equivalent life experience
- Manage Employment Services as a business and determine the capacity to serve new clients, suitability of clients selected for service, oversight of data, reporting, and analysis; oversight of budget and financial outcomes
- Responsible for outcomes and successes in employment placements and meeting service objectives as well as community inclusion
- Responsible for the effective and efficient operations of the Employment Services program. Establish outcome and success reporting practices and ensure completion and accuracy of reports. Prepare and implement an annual budget for Employment Services
- Work in collaboration with the Chief Mission Officer and Directors to oversee routine personnel functions
- Ensure compliance with King County Contract, State and Federal regulations, and other funding sources, including preparing for audits and contract monitoring.
- Accountable for creating an inclusive work environment by fostering and proactively supporting NWC Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitment and efforts.
Innovation and Strategy:
- Work with Chief Mission Officer on program innovations and exponential growth by expanding services both geographically and programmatically.
- Actively identify and pursue new partnerships, resources, and funding opportunities to maximize impact.
- Liaison with state and private agencies' professionals to develop relationships, work opportunities, volunteer jobs, and other employment and community opportunities.
- Seek current information and develop expertise in State and Federal labor laws, Employment First Policy, the Americans with Disabilities Act, employment incentives, and other key policies and regulations impacting the division's work.
- Develop and implement community education and outreach plan that gains the support necessary to achieve employment goals for persons with disabilities.
- Market agency programs to community businesses, service clubs, agencies, associations, and key individuals.
- Build an extraordinary bench and succession plan. Ensure appropriate supervision, training and guidance is provided to all staff on the Employment Services team.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1965 by Washington parents of children with disabilities, Northwest Center is an organization that provides services for people with disabilities from cradle through career. As a Northwest Center employee, you will join an inclusive workforce where people with and without disabilities work side by side. Though we operate a variety of businesses and services, our culture is One Northwest Center, where everyone is connected, valued, included, and welcomed, and where we live our core values:
We Value a Growth Mindset
We Unlock Potential
We Celebrate Progress
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.