Hand Bindery Worker
Lithtex NW is looking Hand Bindery Workers in Bellingham
We are Lithtex NW, a world-class commercial printing operation and part of Northwest Center, a nonprofit dedicated to advocating for people with disabilities, advancing equal opportunities in education and employment.
We are seeking Hand Bindery Workers in Bellingham. This is an on-call role with opportunities for advancement that will work on various production projects which require careful attention to detail performing tasks such as industrial gluing, stitching, binding and more!
If you want to join a great team and an organization working to create a more inclusive community and world this could be the job for you.
Location: Bellingham (Kentucky St.)
Starting Wage Range: $15.74 - $15.74 | Full Wage Range: $15.74 - $44
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7 am - 12 pm OR 12 pm – 5 pm
- Hand and machine operations to help gather, fold, staple and bind printed material
- Assemble and prepare orders for shipment
- Work with internal departments to meet customer's needs
- Other projects as assigned
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs on a consistent basis
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to shift between projects and equipment as needed
- A willingness to learn and take on additional duties – there is room to grow within this position
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly
- Ability to do basic math
- Prior printing or manufacturing experience preferred, but not required – training will be provided!
- Paid Time Off benefits at 5.24 hours accrued per 80 hours worked (prorated)
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Skilled, dedicated, and well-established collaborative team
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status