Move Ambassador for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center Services @ Amazon is Hiring!
Are you a detail-oriented, go-getter looking for a challenge?
Do you love multi-tasking and fast changing environment?
Do you value great customer service above all else?
If you answered yes, this may be the job for you!
Key responsibilities / Essential Functions
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center (NWC) is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
The Northwest Center @ Amazon team operates in a fast-paced and demanding corporate environment where we provide professional 5-star customer service across several program divisions. Under the direction of the Move Ambassador Supervisor, the Move Ambassador’s responsibility is to exhibit exceptional organizational skills and timely communication to ensure an efficient and seamless move across workspaces on the corporate campus. Responsibilities include data verification, communication with vendor partners and customers, onsite support to help resolve issues, and support of the move process.
Location: South Lake Union, SoDo, Queen Anne, Redmond, Bellevue
Wage: $22.27 per hour
Schedule: Full-time flexible schedule but typically M-S between 7:30am - 6PM
*** Please submit a resume with your application. Cover letters preferred ***
- Utilize industry-specific computer programs to receive, compile and scrub move lists for potential issues and ensure information is accurate.
- Acts as liaison between teams and the move vendors, communicate any desk adds and last-minute seating updates.
- Monitor email and respond within 30 minutes of receipt providing a solution or informing the customer that the request is being addressed.
- Assume day-to-day responsibility for driving projects and tasks towards successful completion.
- Distribute labels, move schedule, packing instructions, and any additional FAQs for the customer during the move process.
- Work cohesively with other supporting vendors on moves including but not limited to our project management, security, facilities, and the various move companies.
- Conduct walks to ensure employees are packed; items are labeled, and ready to move as well as verify items have been delivered to the correct location.
- Onsite support for pre, during, and after move projects for employees to ask questions and provide answers.
- Retain building amenity knowledge to help answer customer questions.
- Creating personalized communications as needed.
- Supporting and participating in new move program processes to adjust to new program practices and team specific requirements.
- Ability to work independently and out of line of sight from other team members for all or part of shift.
- Various audits that can include but not limited to space, signage, IT equipment, employee behavior, and facilities.
- Capturing, organizing, and producing data related to facilities and space.
- Assisting with new tasks and/or projects as needed to support other NWC divisions and Amazon partners.
- Hours will have a varied start and end times due to move and scheduling needs. Flexibility to frequently work nights and weekends is required.
Needed Experience & Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-year customer service, real estate/facilities, or administrative support experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Adobe and Outlook e-mail
- Working in a creative team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally and electronically with all levels of management, employees, vendor partners, event organizers and visitors.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on execution.
- Able to manage a high degree of complexity and to distill information
- Project Management skills and ability to lead multiple high-profile projects of varying timelines simultaneously across a distributed set of stakeholders without direct ownership of resources.
- Work independently and in teams pending on project assignment.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow Northwest Center (NWC) and Amazon policies and procedures.
- Effective time management.
- Flexible and able to work in fast-moving environment
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- Comfortability working in an open, unassigned workspace is required.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods (up to 8 hours per workday).
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to move consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to travel independently to various worksites in the Puget Sound region.
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at [email protected] and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.