Supervisor, Events and Banana Stand for Northwest Center Service @ Amazon
NORTHWEST CENTER SERVICE IS HIRING A SUPERVISOR, EVENTS AND BANANA STAND!
Northwest Center is searching for a Supervisor, Events and Banana Stand to join the team! In this role, you will assume responsibility for events taking place on Amazon’s South Lake Union campus and offsite events. In support of the Amazon Community Banana Stands, you will also assist in overseeing daily operations of the stands and any special events requiring their relocation. Responsibilities include coaching and developing staff, overseeing a variety of projects, and working to improve processes to increase the team’s overall efficiency.
Location: Seattle, WA (South Lake Union)
Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule during hours of operation both weekdays and occasional weekends.
Salary: Seattle, WA (South Lake Union)
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Event Support and Operations Supervisor assumes responsibility for events taking place on Amazon’s South Lake Union campus and offsite events. In support of the Amazon Community Banana Stands, the Event Planning and Operations Supervisor will also assist in overseeing daily operations of the stands and any special events requiring their relocation. Responsibilities include coaching and developing staff, overseeing a variety of projects, and working to improve processes to increase the team’s overall efficiency. Amazon is a fast-paced demanding corporate environment and we are committed to providing professional 5-star customer service with every interaction. The primary customer base includes visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all guests and employees of Amazon.
- Responsible for all events taking place in the Amazon Meeting Center, SLU campus, and offsite events, as requested.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as required by upcoming events and organizational deadlines.
- Assist Operations Manager in overseeing daily operations of the Community Banana Stands and any special events requiring their relocation.
- Management of the Meeting Center coat check program, and commitment to protecting guests’ assets when in Northwest Center’s care.
- Active engagement with the Reception Events Activities Charity Help (r.e.a.c.h.) team’s planning and execution of employee morale, team bonding, and community service events.
- Support Operational Supervisor with new building openings, supply ordering, and set-up.
- Make sure staff is on time to open and close appropriate locations. Provide coverage when needed.
- Communicate employee call-outs to other Supervisors and Manager, and find coverage for employee shift.
- Handle escalated interactions with the guidance of Operations Manager or Director.
- Respond promptly to all emails, and actively participate in NWC-supervisors@ and NWC-eventsupport@ emails accordingly.
- Be knowledgeable of all building specialties including, but not limited to, security access levels and facility procedures.
- Train new receptionists in all administrative support and customer support expectations and procedures both on the desk and on the phone.
- Check all back storage rooms of your assigned building to ensure they are cleaned, organized and stocked.
- Check in with staff to review and ensure that all procedures and policies are understood and followed
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss updates, concerns, and ideas with leadership.
- Responsible for regular administrative tasks such as:
o Monitoring employee time/attendance
o Updating Timeclock
o Updating Swipeclock calendars regarding approved time off
- Respond directly with employees (or their direct supervisor) of any performance concerns, including the Manager and Director as needed.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- High School Diploma required.
- AA Degree preferred, or appropriate work experience.
- Minimum one-year supervisory experience and one-year of event planning preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Commitment to Support Services and the NWC mission.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in basic excel spreadsheets, word, outlook, and SharePoint.
- Highly developed critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative leadership style.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction, collaborative work style, and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization in a constructive manner.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally with all levels of management, both internal and external.
- Flexibility in working at different locations and various hours (typically between 7:30 AM and 6:00 PM).
- Ability to type 50 WPM.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s Policies and Procedures is critical.
Pressure of Work:
This is an extremely busy and demanding corporate environment where you can have many things going on at once. You are required to provide world-class customer service to all visitors, employees, Amazonians, and vendor partners. You must address a large volume of e-mails daily in a timely and efficient manner (typically within the day). Escalations may include but are not limited to angry customers (in person or via telephone), personnel and/or performance issues with staff as well as facility related escalations.
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 20 lbs.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- May need to carry Community Banana Stand related supplies, including 40 lbs. cases.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting Amazon buildings so the ability to walk within a mile and a half radius is required.
This is a dog friendly environment with over 1,000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.