Call Center Representative for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
WE'RE HIRING FOR A CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE!! Join the Northwest Center Services team at Amazon!
ABOUT NORTHWEST CENTER
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s Mission: Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
Amazon is a fast-paced corporate environment and we are here to provide professional 5-star customer service. The Call Specialist is the first contact customers have with Amazon.com by phone. We act as a liaison by providing callers with the information and resources they need, while providing a memorable customer centric experience.
Hours of Operation: 7:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Job Title: Call Center Specialist Division: NWCS
Pay: $19.00 per hour depending on experience + Excellent Benefits
Job Location: Amazon SEA Center
Position Reports To: Call Center Supervisor
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Open and close call center location, making sure the area is clean and organized and confidential material is locked up.
- Answer between 100-200 incoming telephone calls daily.
- Maintain a high level of 5 star customer service and professionalism to a wide range of customers.
- Respond to inquiries by gaining clarifying information, determining the caller’s need and providing the customer with the appropriate resource or transferring caller to the necessary employee or department.
- Keep detailed record of call metrics according to standard operating procedure.
- Maintain and audit call center equipment to include: phones, headsets, computers, and logs regularly. Immediately report any issues or discrepancies to Supervisor.
- Respond to all e-mails sent by Supervisor, Manager or Director acknowledging you received, read and understood the content if it is requested.
- Maintain appropriate levels of needed supplies. Report to your Supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
- Uphold team’s qualitative and quantitative standards.
- Immediately report any suspicious calls or circumstances to BAC, NWC supervisors and GREF via a Significant Event Form.
- Maintain communication with Supervisor, keeping them informed of significant issues and/or call escalations.
- Create workplace tickets for any facility issues brought to NWC’s attention.
NEEDED EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Some College preferred (but not required).
- Minimum 1-year Customer Service experience
- 2+ years call center experience required
- Successful candidates will possess a strong commitment to 5-star customer service.
- Ability to talk on the phone using a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Ability to respond tactfully, deescalate difficult calls and provide the caller the best resource to resolve their issue.
- Strong conflict resolution, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interrelate with the community, management and employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally with the community, management, vendor partners and employees.
- Ability to write concise correspondence with all levels of management, vendor partners and employees.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s Policies and Procedures.
- Flexibility in working between the hours of 7:30am and 6:00pm.
- Ability to type 40 WPM.
- Proficiency with Windows, Excel and Outlook e-mail.
- Experience with multi-line phone systems.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs.
- Ability to communicate verbally for majority of day.
- Amazon is a dog friendly campus, any allergies may impede performance.