Manager, Reception Program for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
NORTHWEST CENTER SERVICES @ AMAZON IS ADDING A MANAGER TO THE RECEPTION PROGRAM TEAM!
DO YOU EMBODY FIVE STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LEAD WITH ENTHUSIASM AND POSITIVITY?
ARE YOU THRILLED WITH IDEA OF TRAINING AND GROWING A TEAM?
IF YOU ANSWERED, YES TO THESE QUESTIONS – THIS COULD BE THE ROLE OF YOUR DREAMS!!!
In this role you will focus on the coordination of Training and Development for the Northwest Center Services @ Amazon reception and call center teams. You will also be responsible for the day to day supervision of teams to include supervisors and your supervisor’s direct reports. In this role, you will assume responsibility for all new hire training, new policies, documentation and updates of said materials. You will also oversee and develop the training team, along with ongoing development of all staff members and other vendors as required.
POSITION: Manager, Reception Program
SALARY: DOE + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
SCHEDULE: FULL TIME – Monday through Friday
- Minimum 3+ years customer service/call center environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Training in customer service or training experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a collaborative management style with management team and employees
- Excellent people manager, open to direction, collaborative work style, and commitment to get the job done
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Highly developed critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to understand, interpret, and follow Northwest Center & Amazon’s Policies and Procedures
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally with all levels of management, both internal and external
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to remain positive and upbeat in a busy and demanding corporate environment
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
**TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE: INCLUDE A RESUME & COVER LETTER THAT INCLUDES YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS**
Manager Specific Duties:
- Oversee training for new receptionists in their first three weeks.
- Manage all new hires and ongoing training/development in their first 90 days and on-going as needed.
- Identify resistance and performance gaps with employees, and work to bring the employee up to standard.
- Create agenda and facilitate weekly meetings with all Team Leaders that report to them.
- Maintain ongoing and constant feedback to staffing agencies regarding temporary employees and staffing items needing to be addressed.
- Create agenda and facilitate weekly meetings with all trainers.
- Works closely with trainers to coach and develop their skills in training new team members and ensure they are providing high quality training.
- Handle all new hire conversions and ensure appropriate documents are submitted to HR.
- Ensure all temporary receptionist’s time cards are submitted and approved on a weekly basis.
- Schedule HR office hours weekly and notify the entire NWC @ Amazon team.
- Manage and maintain the Orca program for NWC.
- Manage the Guaranteed Ride Home program for the reception team.
General Management Duties:
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between Reception and Management.
- Lead employees using performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development training.
- Work with the Training and Development Manger to identify additional training needed to staff and Team Leaders.
- Implement Amazon’s 14 Leadership Principles ideals into daily management.
- Ensure that all staff are knowledgeable of building amenities, check-in process, security access levels, facility procedures, and organizational tools.
- Collaborate with Metrics and Analytics Manager on presentation and construction of Quarterly and Annual Business Review (QBR/ABR).
- Audit and approve payroll at the close of the pay period to ensure completed time cards and punches.
- Participation in facilitating weekly leadership meetings and agenda creation.
- Initiate informal weekly one-on-ones with direct reports.
- Ensure compliance with Amazons outlined Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Responsible for covering for the other Managers and/or Director of Operations if they are unable to be at work due to any unforeseen or foreseeable absence.
- Oversees any program related budgets as necessary and reports financial tracking to leadership.
- Must be able to frequently carry heavy object and other supplies, up to 50 pounds
- Daily duties include a combination of desk time and visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk regularly within a 1.5 mile radius is required
- Amazon is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.