Laundry Shift Lead
Puget Sound Laundry is looking to hire a talented Laundry Shift Lead. As a Shift Lead, you would have strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task! You would help coordinate tasks between all Commercial Laundry operations functions, including supervising employees, monitoring quality, and maintaining cleaning requirements.
Location: Kent, WA
Schedule: Full-time, Monday – Saturday, Shifts Varies
Wage: $17.5.00 - $20.00 DOE
- Supervising the productivity of all employees and work centers
- Managing workflow and linen production between all departments
- Managing utility and material costs
- Performing daily quality checks and cleaning procedures
- Managing employee hours
- Coordinating tasks between all functions of the building
- Communicating with leads with any discrepancies
- Training employees from diverse backgrounds on quality and production standards
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a production or manufacturing setting
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Availability to work overtime
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a limited time frame
- Lift and carry up to 50lbs. forward and overhead at frequent intervals
- Standing up to eight (8) hours
- Bending/stooping at waist
- Reaching overhead and forward
- Twisting knees, waist, and/or neck
- Pull/push bins on wheels weighing up to 100lbs.
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination
- Operate heavy equipment
- Work in a noisy indoor environment
- Hearing in person, or by phone, a normal or whispering voice
As a member of our team at Puget Sound Laundry Services, you are dedicated, active, and enjoy hard work. We are well-known for being the best in the business at servicing large hotels, hospitals, and other well-known customers throughout the Seattle area. You will enjoy being part of a fun, diverse team that includes people of all abilities working side by side. We value safety, honesty, hard work, and team players. Puget Sound Laundry is a division of Northwest Center which supports children and adults with Developmental Disabilities.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.