Senior Ambassador for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center is looking for an Senior Ambassador to join our team at Amazon!
Under the direction of the NWC leadership team, the Senior Ambassador assumes responsibility for supporting events and activations taking place on Amazon’s Crystal City and DMV campus and offsite locations. The Senior Ambassador is the principle contact and is responsible for maintaining knowledge of the campus and managing guest check in while providing a memorable, customer-centric experience through each interaction. This position will greet and check in visitors, distribute visitor and loaner badges, provide information and resources and assist with special projects and events. Amazon is a fast-paced demanding corporate environment and we are committed to providing professional 5-star customer service with every interaction. The primary customer base includes event organizers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all guests and employees of Amazon. These team members work closely with the reception team to support and uplift functions.
Schedule: 40 Hours - schedule various but typically between 7:30AM-6PM
Salary: $19.34 per hour
Location: Crystal City, VA and will also include coverage in the DMV (DC, Maryland & Virginia) areas
*** Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. ***
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet all visitors in a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner. Provide a 5-star first impression for every visitor and email response.
- Ability to flex schedule to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to support events or activations at any Amazon site or function site off campus.
- Utilize industry-specific computer programs to check in guests and confirm validity prior to entering Amazon space.
- Support events taking place on Amazon’s campus by pre-registering guests, assisting with visitor check-in, and providing ticketed coat check as requested.
- Act as the on-site point of contact for event organizers. Welcome guests, direct event set-up, communicate with staff, report escalations, organize vendors, and facilitate event tear-down.
- Monitor event and reception email aliases, and respond within 30 minutes of receipt providing a solution or informing the customer that the request is being addressed.
- Open and close event support service locations while ensuring the lobby is clean and organized.
- Work cohesively with other supporting vendors on events including but not limited to GREF-events, Amazon Corporate Security (ACS), janitorial, catering and the audio visual team (A/V).
- Maintain appropriate levels of event forms and supplies. Take weekly inventory and report to supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
- Communicate with event organizers and vendor staff via email, in person, Chime or phone.
- Manage event assets and commit to protecting guests’ items when in Northwest Center’s care.
- Maintain event asset inventory. Organize and distribute event assets from storage rooms to other buildings as necessary.
- Attend and represent the reception and event support services teams at event walk throughs.
- Compile the weekly events report and notify the reception team of upcoming events including reservations for easels, carts, and other reception materials.
- Support visitor check-in taking place on Amazon’s campus and/or offsite locations as necessary.
- Support special projects and varied tasks assigned by Northwest Center leadership.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Additional training or certification in customer service preferred.
- Minimum 1-year customer service, call center, reception, event staffing, or administrative support experience.
- 6 months experience as receptionist with [email protected] preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently without a line of sight to another employee or as the only representative of Northwest Center.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally and electronically with all levels of management, employees, vendor partners, event organizers and visitors.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends consisting of 40 hours per week is required.
- Flexed shifts will be assigned by the Northwest Center leadership to best support upcoming events and organizational deadlines.
- Ability to pivot between multiple time sensitive projects and deliver excellent results.
- Proficiency with MS Windows, Excel, and Outlook e-mail.
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center (NWC) is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at [email protected] and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.