Northwest Center is now hiring a Cook to join our school in Downtown Seattle!
Northwest Center Kids provides early learning programs for children with and without disabilities in the same classroom, recognizing each child as a unique individual. We're a place where kids of all abilities can reach their full potential together. We hold a commitment to quality service and inclusive learning in a warm, friendly environment.
As a Cook, you will be responsible for making food and working with children from birth through five years old. This position requires significant interaction with children, families, teachers, and our administrative team. Opportunities for overtime if available!
Northwest Center prioritizes our employees' safety and proudly follows all public health guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control.
Location: Downtown Seattle
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7 AM – 4 PM
Wage: $18.00 - $20.00 DOE
- Excellent medical benefits, elective dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Subsidized gym membership
- Verizon Wireless employee discount
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
✶ Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks
- Providing appropriate substitutions for children with special diets and allergies
- Ordering food items and kitchen supplies
- Working collaboratively with teachers
- Following health and safety protocols outlined by the Public Health Department and the Department of Early Learning
- A minimum of 2 years of cooking experience required
- Working with people with disabilities preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Must have or obtain a valid Washington State food handler's permit prior to beginning employment
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at [email protected] and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.