We are adding an accomplished Controller to the Northwest Center accounting and finance team.
Northwest Center believes it is time for a radical shift not just in how we talk about people with disabilities, but how we include them. Let kids share the same classrooms, playgrounds and high expectations. Hire people with life experiences different than our own. Because it makes us all better and more compassionate, more innovative and efficient. Everyone has abilities. Northwest Center wants to bring out the best in everyone.
As our Controller, you will lead the finance and accounting team and be primarily responsible for the financial operations and reporting needs of our organization. You will play a critical leadership role reporting to the CFO and will also providing reports and information support to the Board Finance Committee. In this role you will provide your exceptional leadership experience and philosophy to our accounting operations team, interface with divisional managers across the organization, and will be responsible for financial reporting quality and control.
Schedule: Full Time
*** To be considered for this role, please submit a resume with cover letter to include your salary requirements for the role. ***
- Develop and oversee the company’s financial plans and policies, its system of internal controls, the maintenance of its fiscal records and the preparation of financial reports.
- Consolidate multi-divisional financial statements in accordance with latest GAAP guidance.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package including performance summary for management and Board of Directors.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and timely report generation.
- Lead continuous process improvement over reporting and financial operations by partnering with operations managers.
- Directly responsible for leadership and development of accounting staff and all activities involved with financial reporting, payroll, tax and audit.
- Lead preparation and documentation of state, local and federal tax returns. Work with auditors to ensure all entities comply with tax requirements, assure accurate and timely completion of all local, state and federal tax filings, and take full advantage of available favorable tax provisions.
- Support tracking and reporting of operating metrics on divisional business operations.
- Design process improvements to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Work with CFO as requested on a timely basis to facilitate NWC financial needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and MBA or CPA (active or inactive)
- 10+ years of hands-on progressive accounting/managerial experience with direct experience at a Controller level
- Microsoft GP Dynamics (Great Plains) software experience is strongly preferred; report writing in MS Dynamics/Management Reporter.
- Experience working in a multiple company, multi-division, or multi-department environment.
- Experience working with several billing systems (including online portals).
- Adept with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse operations team, foster positive and cooperative relationships
- Customer service orientation - collaborative work style with internal and external customers.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.