Employment Consultant- Spokane
LEAD THE WAY. At Northwest Center, it starts with you. As an Employment Consultant, you'll not only be providing vital services to people with disabilities, you'll be an ambassador for social change in your community! We push the limits of traditional job descriptions & encourage you to utilize your unique talents to make a big difference in people's lives. We partner with businesses for long-term employment solutions; you'll be in charge of forming and maintaining those relationships and advocating for our mission of inclusion. Feel proud to join a team with a long and successful history of breaking molds and working towards a more positive future -- for people of All abilities.
Location: Based in Spokane, traveling throughout the local area
Schedule: Full-Time, Primarily: 8:00am – 5:00 pm~ requires some weekend work and flexibility
Wage: $15.00 + per hour DOE + Benefits
Some of what you will be doing:
- Develop a written job placement plan with the individual employment candidate and interdisciplinary team which identify specific employment outcomes, job development strategies, employment support activities, and other relevant job planning information.
- Utilize customized employment strategies when appropriate to help the individual successfully move into competitive employment.
- Assist supported participant to find strategies around their personal transportation. This will include getting to and from work, interviews, collecting and returning applications, and other related job search activities.
- Instruct and assist individuals in resume writing, job search and interviewing.
- Driven, personable and dedicated attitude
- Valid WA State Driver's license & proof of automotive insurance
- Acceptable five (5) year driving record
- Access to own reliable transportation
- 6+ months experience as an Employment Consultant or Job Developer
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Services field preferred. A combination of other education and/or previous experience is
- Knowledge and understanding of business/marketing principles
- Sales and Development experience highly desirable
- Prior experience promoting inclusion for people with disabilities
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to pass a criminal background check as well as a DSHS background check.
- Ability to pass drug screen to include cannabis.
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED. We provide full time employees with a generous benefits package including: healthcare plans, retirement plans with a company match, competitive pay, paid vacations and much more.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.