Senior Staff Accountant
NORTHWEST CENTER IS HIRING: Full Time SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
In this role you will contribute to the success of Northwest Center by being an active member of the accounting department with a focus on managing and review of accounting operations. Responsible for working with the various Northwest Center businesses, this position will act as a liaison between the business units, accounting and finance. Primary responsibilities are to gain an understanding of the processes, procedures and systems of the divisions so they can provide data to the accounting department for transaction processing. Further, this role will assist the Controller and Accounting Manager in interpreting data coming from the businesses. Vital to success in this role is a constant customer service and process improvement mind-set.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE PLEASE INCLUDE A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO INCLUDE YOUR SALARY/WAGE REQUIREMENTS.
Salary: DOE + Excellent Benefits
This position will also be a resource for the Controller and Accounting manager on a regular and ad-hoc basis for various accounting functions occurring after initial accounting transactions have been booked (i.e. accruals/deferrals, depreciation, registration, certifications, tax filings, audit support, etc.).
Job Functions (but not limited to):
- Prepare, reconcile, and post complex accounting transactions.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions, dispositions and impairments in the accounting system.
- Analyze and reconcile more complex Balance Sheet accounts, which include identifying and resolving discrepant items.
- Solid understanding of internal controls related to accounting and reporting. Proactive in ensuring adequate internal controls exist within accounting and working with other functions to ensure adequate controls exist for processes that impact accounting.
- Identify weaknesses and inefficient processes. Initiate, develop, and implement process improvements.
- Offer guidance to other business units regarding GAAP policies.
- Have an excellent understanding of the technical and financial implications of the associated processes. Identify and resolve problems independently
- Research questions about financial information and post correcting entries in accordance with GAAP.
- Be a resource for external auditors. Provide and prepare audit schedules, account reconciliations, and supporting documentation.
- Participates in cross divisional general accounting projects. Initiate, develop, and implement process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Industry and public accounting experience preferred
- MS Dynamics GP experience preferred
- Experience analyzing data in an ERP system required
- Advanced user of Excel
- Consistently demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding sensitive employee or company information
- Actively participate and collaborate with others on one's own team and across Northwest Center’s for the achievement of business goals
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Challenge the status quo, champion change and influence others to change
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.