Northwest Center is hiring full-time and part-time Shipping Clerks for our Puget Sound Laundry! This role requires a high level of attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
In this role, the Shipping Clerk will prepare the clean bins of laundry, ensure the quality of the linen, and make sure it has been properly sorted. The shipper will then weigh the bins, wrap them, and ship them out. This role requires some computer work and the ability to work independently. The shipper will also be responsible for performing other laundry production work as needed to include but is not limited to: sorting, feeding, and catching.
Location: Kent, WA
Wage: $16 - $17 per hour, DOE
Schedule: 8am - 4:30pm (flexible)
Want to see what we do? Click here to view a video of our facility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0lSQJz3gI&feature=youtu.be
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Gym & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- Great attention to detail
- Computer proficiency
- Capable of learning numerous formulas, drying times, and temperatures for linen processing
- General problem-solving skills (to include counting to 50)
- The ability to work around chemicals
- Experience working in a fast pace environment
- The ability to read basic English
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Ability to pull/push bins weighing up to 500lbs (bins on four caster wheels)
- Ability to be on your feet and use your hands for long periods
- Eye and hand coordination
As a member of our team at Puget Sound Laundry Services, you are dedicated, active, and enjoy hard work. We are well-known for being the best in the business at servicing large hotels, hospitals, and other known customers throughout the Seattle area. You will enjoy being part of a fun, diverse team that includes people of all abilities working side by side. We value safety, honesty, hard work, and team players. Puget Sound Laundry is a division of Northwest Center which supports children and adults with Developmental Disabilities.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran status.