Early Learning Inclusion Specialist
Northwest Center is looking for Early Learning Inclusion Specialists to join the team!
Are you looking to make a positive impact in your community? Northwest Center Kids' mission is to provide an inclusive environment where all families receive individual programs of education, advocacy, therapy, and family support that nurtures the development of children with and without disabilities. Be a part of the team that is leading the education inclusion revolution!As an Early Learning Inclusion Specialist, you will work to support teachers in creating and implementing nurturing and inclusive classroom environments for children with and without Intellectual and Development Disabilities (IDDs), challenging behaviors, or medical needs. A successful candidate is passionate about the whole child and works cooperatively with staff, families, and community partners.
Applicants with fluency in a non-English language are encouraged to apply.
Locations: Downtown Seattle or North Seattle (Greenwood)
*Please tell us which location you would like to be considered for*
Wage: $57k - $88k DOE
Schedule: Monday – Friday, Full-Time (Part-time schedule optional)
What we can offer:
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Salaried, full time-position including documentation time with generous Paid Time Off
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP), including six free therapy sessions per year
- Inclusive, highly collaborative, innovative team
- 401K with company match
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
What you will be doing in this position:
- Working collaboratively with our early learning team to provide mentorship, training, and consultation to teachers and directors to create environments where children are fully included in the classroom and activities
- Supporting the development, implementation, and oversight of individual inclusion plans for partner agencies
- Developing supportive partnerships with colleagues, partner agencies, and families/caregivers
- Assisting in implementing plans and strategies in the classroom, providing student support as needed, and assisting with practices of ongoing progress monitoring
- Keeping records of individualized plans and goals, including IEPs, behavior plans, etc.
- Demonstrating appreciation and sensitivity for diverse family backgrounds, including race, ethnicity, culture, age, gender, and lifestyle choices
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, or related field
- Master's Degree preferred
- 1+ years of experience working with children of all abilities
- 2+ years of experience supporting children aged birth to six in a classroom or community-based setting
- Knowledge of child development ages birth to six
- Must have or obtain current CPR and First Aid certification
- Valid Driver's license and personal mode of transportation
Who we are:
Northwest Center was founded in 1965 by parents who refused to institutionalize their children with developmental disabilities or accept the prevailing notion that their children could not be taught. Our founders authored and won the approval of civil rights legislation that opened the doors of Washington State schools to children with disabilities. Banding together to form Northwest Center, they hired their own teachers to develop education programs targeted at special needs children. From birth through retirement, Northwest Center serves people with disabilities in a multitude of ways.
We are a leader in advancing equal opportunities for children and adults with developmental disabilities. Our Northwest Center Kids department includes Early Intervention, Inclusive Early Childhood Education, and after-school programs. We work with children of all abilities!
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.